CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Mid-Week Dually

That's right two sessions right in the middle of the week. Who knew life could be so good?

Wednesday nite found me in Corydon, IN with Ramp Ranger Kyle. Although it was definitely Spill-City none of the slams were awful and the quality of skating certainly made up for it. It was just me and Kyle and we skated almost break-less for an hour and half. Kyle was hot and landing new tricks: a couple of New Deals - which is effectively a nose pivot straight back in, and a ollie 270 from tail stall back into the ramp. He was smoking high on the wall almost slamming the rafter with HUGE slides back down.

I did great for me. I was hitting the pivots and gettin back in the ramp on the majority of my frontside stalls. I was killin the switch frontside grinds, but ONLY the grind. I never did get back in on those. One was so spectacular- switch frontside grind to slamming the wall, straight ass on flat bottom. 'A' for effort, 'A' for humor factor (cuz it didn't actually hurt), 'F' for style. ST. 'Swinging' Richard was once again on my side as my board attempted brutal thrashing of my testicles a la ' Bugs Bunny vs. The Gas House Gorillas (strike one, strike two, strike three yer OUT!) when it popped, swooshed thru my legs, whacked the tranny and spun back for a second swipe at 'em and then I fell spread-eagle straddling it with about a 2 mm gap between the board and the berries - whew!

Thursday, I snuck out to the skatepark around 9 Pm and hooked up with Brett. Although the weather and temperature was absolutely perfect, surprisingly few people were there. SCORE! Brett was killing it- FS pivots and board slides IN THE 6! I took it easy in attempt to save my self for the Mini on Saturday. Mostly, just carve, love it and be grateful for the park's existence. It was a blast - and a big surprise cuz I was supposed to be in ATL on business, but the trip got canned last minute.

When I grow up I wanna skate more concrete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home