CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Schmeaster Session

Easter for the non-religious is simply the official arrival of Spring. I wish no ill-will on those for whom it holds heavy significance, to each his/her own, but please don't be offended if I don't go to church today. For me it's a family holiday and I did spend a few hours with the fam, to remind me what's important and to keep life in perspective. Yea, I still dressed up a bit, but it's good advice to never be the worst dressed person, no matter where you're going. But what better way to welcome Spring and start a "reality check" day than with a skate session.

To have a good session it's not necessary to have an empty park... but it helps! From 8AM to 10AM it was, at most, 3.5 Concretins and 5 other people... 40,000 square feet of 'crete all for us! I called it, Dave needed 2 sessions to pull 50-50s in the bowl, and today he did it. Twice. Whatta bastad! He was super close to pulling about 8 of them, and his frustration was just as entertaining, 'cause he was laughin' and smiling at every bail-after the obligatory "P*$$!" shout. Now he's just about ready to grind all the corners of the snake run. Dave also played shutterbug and snapped a couple of excellent video worthy shots. (You're just gonna have to wait 'til I get broadband for pics to get uploaded regularly.) I hit some grinds on various 6' quarters and worked on my mini runs. My favorite trick - meloncholy - has been improving, and I dare say better than I've EVER done them. 2 or 3 more sessions and I'll be ready to launch over the pyramid. And Kyle is just a BFMFWMUAFLA! He ran 10 miles (!) yesterday (Dave did too BTW) and then he comes to the park (padless no less) and throws big fat FS airs in the 6', FS grinds on the bank ledge, tailslide on said ledge, and a new lil' 360 shuvit out of the bank. Maybe I should get me some froo froo Toy Machine socks... the source of his rippage? Perhaps. But my favorite moment of the session was when I was struggling to keep a 50-50 on the coping (don't ya hate that), and KidZilla sittin' on top says, "Do it Nick!" I made it, but it was sketchy 'cause I was laughin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home