CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, December 31, 2010

It's over.

2010 that is. Whatta year, huh? Junior became a real Cretin (he turned 30), AND he dropped in on a real vert ramp, first try, no sweat. Gnar!



I FINALLY went to Woodward, and also dropped in on a not as real 10' vert ramp. (And actually had fun, though it's no Foam Pit/ResiRamp.) I got a rock-n-roll on the ramp downtown. I met Tony Hawk (again).



OMP got the pedestrianism outta him(hopefully) and ran a marathon, and later gotta a micro ramp in his basement.

Skidzilla, OMP, Junior, Gimpy, and theProfessor all went to California to rip parks and backyard monstrosities at Kookapaloosa 2010.







KooKs @ KraftYs from ken poe on Vimeo.




And finally, the Cretins have officially adopted the "Louisville Extreme Park" and we hope to get the vert ramp rebuilt. Please help us out and put trash in the cans when you're down there, and if you see or know a dirtbag tagger, call 'em out for being a dirtbag tagger.

There are so many more sessions that didn't get posted, and so many more that didn't happen. Life has been gettin' in the way while we've all been busy making other plans. Well, here's to a great 2010. My personal life has improved, my health has improved, and my attitude has improved. Though my gumption level is still always 2 notches too low.

I hope to skate with everyone who reads this blog alot in 2011. Here's hoping for a warm Winter, and an early Spring, clear skies, big balls and no injuries for everyone.

Happy New Year Cretins & Friends. See you soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just moved to Louisville and wanted to skate again after 25 years. Do you guys have a set time you meet ?
    I just want to watch, not get in your way. Im 51 right now and felt like 20 again when I got back on my new board. My New Years resolution is to drop-in before March.

    Regards, LM from the Highlands

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Hey LM. During the Winter, it's hit or miss. But once it warms up, Saturday and Sunday mornings at the park, around 9ish. There's almost always at least one Cretin there. I believe 'vert sessions' are back on at Ollie's indoor skatepark in Florence. About an hour and 15 minutes away, near Cinci. Tuesday nights. You don't have to skate vert (13' ramp), because there is a TON of other stuff to skate. 'Tis a good park, but take soft wheels, it's a bit slippery with hard wheels. But it's great to get outta the weather.

    You wouldn't be 'in our way.' We welcome all skill levels at a session. Come skate.

    Hit up OldKookSkating.com for a forum of like minded old skaters.

    And WELCOME TO LOUISVILLE!

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, Nikoli !!

    I look forward to meeting you guys ! This Blog is fun to read...
    In the 80's I just skated hills, dropped off of loading docks, etc, so the park stuff was new to me. After such a huge lay-off, I did horrifically bad but met two very nice people (who told me about 'Cretins) and am amped to go back and learn the bowls. Watching some people who know the park would be a huge help in getting back into the roll of things.

    Thanks again for warm welcomes and great information, I look forward to meeting some of you and building a nice collection of new scars ! =;-D

    Be safe, best wishes for 2011


    LM from Highlands

     

Post a Comment

<< Home