CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Because no one else is gonna do it...

Some Cretins went out west again. California. Land of Kooks and insane skate terrain, from backyard minis and bowls, to vert warehouses and most excellent 'crete. I was unfortunately unable to attend this year's Kookapaloosa, and apparently no Cretins took photos. So I've poached a few pics from OldKookSkating.com with thanks and apologies to Lonnie, Jer, Hughes, and OJ. Thanks for documenting. Enjoy.

-Smilin' and bleedin'. Now that's a roadtrip! Junior defied instructions to not hit the SkullBowl waterfall straight on. The bowl smited him for his insolence.


-Kook Chef's backyard mini.



-The Ark




-Santa Cruz



-Indoor Vert Rippage





-There's also been a Mofo sighting at theBarnacle recently.

I skated with him and Travio, who incidently has joined the pedestrian ranks and has been running on purpose. While he's hella slimmer than the last time you saw him, he still ain't got the sweeper locked in! HA! Mofo, Skidz, Gimpy, OMP, Travio, and DaddyClay at DadLabs... You're all freaks! I'M NOT GONNA RUN! No. Nuh Uh. Not gonna do it. So anyway, 'twas a great session. I finally got the rock-n-roll on the wall FIRST TRY! Stoke!

-The disadvantage of a barn ramp. Creepy session crashers.


I'm also making a commitment now to theBlog... at least a biweekly post, even if it's just bs text talking about a lame session. Want better content? Then provide melon farmer! Post up ya Cretins!

And note, I'm basically swearin' off 'crete for the next 3 weeks... all ramps all the time. WOODWARD AWAITS! That's right, after 20 years of dreamin' and wishin', I'm finally going to skate camp! For a weekend. You should join us. November 19-21. Are you ready? I am. Can you say, "Foam pit?" I knew you could.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger travio said…

    Nice Post Nick. Awesome pictures as well. I fell a small itch it skate...imagine that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home