CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It Happened Today

Years in the making. Never whole-heartedly attempted. It happened today. At the very spot pictured... or a tad bit lower than that *very* spot. IT HAPPENED TODAY!



No, this isn't deja vu. And no, what I did wasn't nearly as cool as Nikoli. But I did do something I have never whole-heartedly attempted nor succeeded at this morning. Before the rain set in, wearing camo pants and a fleece jacket under my pads to beat the cold, I pulled off my first frontside kickturn.

Ooooooh. Big effing deal, right? Well, I have only a few tricks in my bag and enjoy speed carving more than anything, so it is a big deal to me. Plus ths will open up more lines at the park as well as offer more fluidity at the Barnacle (where the goofy-footed, non-frontside kickturners find themselves "cornered" quickly).

The first one I tried felt like about the weirdest thing in the world on wheels and wood - and I bailed. Then I nailed the second attempt. Nailed the third. Bailed the fourth. And then nailed and nailed after that. I've always "cheated" my frontsides by simply carving into a corner or something where the curvature of the 'crete "sticks" me during the turn. But this was flat on the wooden half-pipe and counted.

Mark it 8, dude!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Ok, I thought the vid post got deleted for a second! HA! Congrats NoShow! Backside is easy. It's that frontside shit that's crazy. (And thanks for postin'!)

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Then I totally messed up that post. I can backside kickturn on that wooden behemoth all day. It's the frontside that I pulled!

    Edited so that all may see me bask in my *front* side glory!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    HAHAHA! Jackass! :) And stop butt dialin' me!

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Congrats Noshow!
    Next thing you know...You'll be frontside grindin'!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home