CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, August 06, 2007

It's August. It's HOT. Who knew?



G-Bones day at the park:
There were 3 of us with G-Bones Saturday... odd wheels? No, but definitely old school, and not readily available at your local skateshop. I thought it was kinda cool to see a couple of teeners skatin' the same OLD wheels.

New board stoke? Well, not exactly. I had a good session on the new board, but I was perty nervous the whole time. It's gonna take a few more sessions before I decide that I'm stickin' with this skinny crap. The wheels were solid and held the 'crete well, though I couldn't go as fast as usual, just because I was a bit skeered. The wheels locked on the coping really well and I did get some great pivots, frontside slashers, and 50-50s. Gimpy took some GREAT shots. There were several pairs where I was in the EXACT same spot on the lip. How I did that, I don't know, and how Gimp took the pic at almost the EXACT same moment during the trick, I don't know either. But it's cool. The pics were taken to show off the new board. But hey, they actually show that I CAN skeet a lil' bit.
-Nik Pivot - Balance is in the tongue muscle.

-Frontside grindage - Note the GreenLantern shirt from NoShows kiddos. Punks. I blame Gimpy.

-My best BSair in a long while - OMP has left me behind.


Brett was there, and busted out the deck manual to pivot to fakie back in. SMOOOOTH. And like MoFo, he does it with a sheepish grin, almost apologetically ripping. NoShow was there hittin' speed runs and double truckers galore.
-Grinds sound better when they're fast, don't they NoShow?

-Chasin' his shadow to the lip and back.


And Gimpy solidified what Skidzilla reported below... the man ALWAYS rips. He was feeling like his marathon runs from the bowl, to the capsule, to the 6' flow, back to the bowl were a bit "boring." They were at Mach 1 with a perfect 50-50 on every available wall... I think he did 6 grinds, and none of them were short, and that includes a perfect corner shredder around the WHOLE corner. Damn glad I got that one on video. I got better vid of Jon than I did pics, sorry man. But it's on his cam, so it'll be awhile before you ever see it.
-Gimpin' a fast 50-50. That's one of SIX in the same line.

Bill showed and rode with us for a bit. I like his definition of my ONLY line... it's my "signature" line. Yea, that's it. Andrew was there and I finally saw him really pushing his limits. He was workin' on 360s out of the flow. He is maybe a session away from stickin' them repeatedly, still wish it was on 4 wheels though bro. :)
-2Fresh Andrew gettin' dizzy.


We were drippin' with sweat (actually, even before the first run) 'cause it was H O T ! But we finally gave up on the skatin' and headed to the Eastside construction zone. Where we continued to melt. I only lasted an hour and half, and the 3 of us only managed to get 1/3rd of 1 layer from the ramp. Not long after I left, the second shift showed up and finished up the first layer AND second layer, so now, we are in the reconstruction phase... and I'm really lame because I did not take any progress pics this time. Sorry.

Of course we chatted about "the slam heard 'round the world," and the bionic man that is Jake Brown. The medics should NOT have let him get up and walk off. But I love the X-games, I don't care if it's a media marketing whoring event. The skating is always crazy, and the other sports are fun to watch too. Though I'm not gonna drink Monster energy drink, no matter how many stickers are on your board/helmet/shirt. So please stop pointing at them, you look like an idiot when you do that. Don't forget that water bottle either! Jeez.

See ya scrubs next weekend! Is it November yet?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    I'm so retarded. I realized Sunday that I was wearing my "leading arm elbow pad" on the wrong elbow and switched it. From the looks of the picture from Saturday it appears I wore it wrong that day too . . . (shaking head).

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Silly Gimpy... you better watch it or you'll be gimpin' again.

    Yeah, that's my hot face. It was punishing hot that day but good skating.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home