CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Update!

Friday: I'm lame and lazy, so I bailed on the Violent Femmes concert with Gimp and MoFo. They said it was a great show. And their short session at the park proved to be too much of a biker dodge... so they bugged out.

- I am Gimp Almighty. Your pipe doesn't scare me.

Saturday: Gimpy had an itch for pipework. (Shuddup Skidzilla. Nah, go ahead.) So the session was a serious deep end thrashing. Gimpy focused on speed and lines for grinds. Travio and I worked on defeating frontside gayness (shuddup), I was less than successful. It's still scary. But I did get a good stale grab. A damn fun session. Thanks Gimpy for pushing me to really hit the grinds, made the work a bit more fun and the frustration more tolerable. We also met another John, who just moved to DaVille from St. Louis to bring us better beer at BBC. Gotta love that right? Well, we welcomed him to the park by forbidding him to ever come there again without his board. Hope to see ya next weekend John! (pics by Nik and Gimp - there's a few more in the Photobucket DaVillePics folder)
- Travio standing up for Frontside Rights.

- Travio farted in my general direction.

- Skidzilla ain't skeered neither. I think this is my fav pic o' the session.

- Me, grabbin' a fuzzy stalefish. (Isn't that lesbian drink?)

-Gimp can fly.

- No, really, he can.


Later we visited NoShows party joint, Toast on Market, for the reception to his hitchin'. Congrats! I'll let (make) him post up about the whole ending the single life celebration. Best wishes to you and yours amigo! (I thought the cake pic below came out purdy kewl.)
- CONGRATS NoSHOW! (He actually showed up at the church.)


Off to the Police concert at Churchill Downs. Great show (We're not huge fans, but thought, why not? It's only a few blocks from home.) but a great venue too, once you actually got to your seat. It was irritating and extremely LOUD walking through the entire building to get to the crowd choking tunnel, BUT, very cool once we were outside, essentially sitting out on the track! We had end seats, with the beer table line only 20 feet away. Excellent. I could get drinks, without missing ANY of the show! I will definitely go to another show there, and I'll be AOK with the "cheap seats."

Sunday: MoFo wasn't coming, Wade was out, NoShow, Skid, Trav, and Gimp was back home, so I arrived thinkin' MAYBE I'd see a local I knew... but OMP was already there and ripping! Kickass! I was bummed that I had already booked the day for a short session. Pauly was on, as usual. Tossin' the 50-50s at will now, and he still has backside airs. Tony joined us as well to work out that knee injury. "It'll be fine. Rub some concrete on it." Dane also rolled out early, and damn that's some fun skating to watch. You know he was gnar because he was wearing knee pads! He's really starting to put together some lines in the deepend. HUGE airs, and grinds galore. The ollies in the pipe are pretty damn cool too. So I was yet again pissed that I hadn't brought any camera(s). I think I've learnt my lesson... always have a cam. Noted. Oh, and Gimpy, at the next joint session there will be a grind off in the deepend 8'... you've been challenged. OMP has 'em too. My best for the day was the melon out of the quarter, relatively quick, 3rd or 4th try. A grom wanted to join our "team." That's almost the same as "are you sponsored" innit? I told him he had to skate for another 16+ years. (He was "almost 14.") I didn't think fast enough to tell him just to start his own. But we imparted the wisdom of "Skate EVERYTHING as much as possible. And even when ya gotta get a job in two years. DON'T QUIT!" Hopefully he got it. Lot o' fun and a ton o' stoke packed into an hour session.

Until next week... go skate dammit...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    DAMN!! I missed OMP as well as Brinley's Par Tay (Congrats NOSHOW!!)

    The real contest lies in the 11' section . . .

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Yeah, had to get hitched so I missed out on the skating. But thanks to MoFo, Nikoli, and Mama Nikoli for making it to the soiree. I'll see you guys next weekend sportin' a new piece hardware on my finger :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home