CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Skidzilla's Weekend Memory

I only got to skate on Saturday. But here's a bit of prose surrounding the event:

“Don’t Skate Angry!” Nikoli screams at me as I pass him. It’s a recurring statement I hear of late. I must be scowling. I’m in the snake run – what’s to be angry about? I’m on the concrete. I’m skating. I’m in the sunshine and hanging with my bros. I’ve got my mind off of life’s woes and on this stupid wooden plank.

Although, I can’t say my mind is on skating. Mostly it is on not falling. “Don’t fall when you carve this six foot wall,’ my mind says. ‘Don’t fall,’ it says as I flirt with the coping – backside or frontside. “Don’t fall,’ it says as I feebly attempt yet another 50-50 in the 8 foot bowl. “Don’t fall,’ it says as I pull a backside transfer over the hip maybe just a little higher than my capabilities should allow. ‘What the fuck are you thinking?!’ It screams as I peer over the 11’ to drop in by the full pipe. I drop anyway. I know it’s not the fall that kills you; it is the sudden stop at the bottom. All I gotta do is stay on. It’s that simple.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger NoShow said…

    I must say, I find that I skate at a "safe" level when I'm thinking about not falling. Recently, as my brain cries "Faster! Faster!" I'm finding that my body is skating above it's comfortable abilities. I fall, but ain't that what pads are for?

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Stay on. Don't fall. Same thing. Keep up the rippage Skidz.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Your mind may be saying don't fall...But your body keeps expanding your skating horizons!

    My mind says don't fall...So my body complies by saying don't try that. Stay with the things you can do!

    I'm a whimp!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home