CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, May 21, 2007

Who's down with OMP?!

The Karma gods have shined once again upon the Concretins. Not only was the weather perfect, and not only did EB actually show up, EVERYONE made the trip! EB, Wade, Travio, Steve-O, Gimpy, Me, Skidzilla, MoFo, and our host OMP! And then there were 9! And if you put us all together, we can seriously RIP! (And Skidz really ripped a few. Sorry Sharon, the van was not fart free by any stretch of the imagination. I really wish the back windows rolled down.)

Stop one: Frankfort. I tossed Steve-O into the grass at speed, first thing, just to see if he was ready for a full day of Gnar. Tuck and roll old man. No sweat, nice recovery. If you think pink helmet wearin' bikers are wussies, you've never met Zach. He could take your head off (from above) with his rear wheel, if he wasn't so cool and laid back. Here's hoping he makes it into the Dew Tour! Good Luck Z! 360 tailwhips oughta help fo' sho'.

We proceeded to destroy that 6' mini. Everyone needs to post their own favorite shtuff from the trip in the comments or edits, 'cause I catch hell for typing too much, but I'm still gonna do it anyway. I'll eventually post up some vid highlights, as I took no stills at all. I hit my grinds and a few good nollieDs and sliders, but was the last one to get the roll-in over the deck. That ramp was PERFECT for the 'Cretins. MoFo was flyin' UP to the extension, and Skidzilla got the fs pivot to tail. We thought we'd only be here about an hour. Two and half hours later we headed to Lexington.

Stop two: Woodland park, Lexington. Micah Wu can't be a Concretin. It's not his lack of skate skills, because he rips better than 88% of us (all but MoFo). It's because his Mom probably won't let him take a roadtrip with us, and he's only 9! This kid can skeet. (http://micahskates.blogspot.com/) But he left before we got out the cam. Sorry Micah, but it was still fun skating with you! A tiny park, but with enough elements that we had fun, 'cept for the crash up derby factor. You'd think we wouldn't run into each other, but Old Man Paul didn't have on his glasses. MoFo was hittin' fs/bs ollies over the lil' hip while dodgin' groms, even a kickflip I heard. We had to hold OMPs hand to get him to roll in the concrete mini, but he eventually followed Skidz and I in. Whatta wuss.

Lunch at Puccinni's... mmmmm... good food. Ok beer. Then a stop at the house that OMP built (is building). Now we have a place to bury our enemies. 9 acres of seclusion, and plenty of room for several "concrete ponds." We'll make 'em look perdy Dana, we promise.

Stop three: Georgetown. I thought after rippin' the rather large mini in Frankfort, I was ready to crank on the spine in G-town. I was wrong. While only maybe 6" taller, my mangina just wasn't ready. Crossin' over was ok, but everything else was a struggle (for me). MoFo was out of control with tail transfers and his normal mini ramp gnar. Skidzilla stepped up with the fs to bs stall transfer. OMP and I both finally made the qtr to qtr grind over the bank. But as we packed up to hit the road, Gimpy took the spine transfer to the next level with a bs grind to fs in! Sooo smooth.

Stop four: Dry Ridge. The most funky lookin' park, and even on the most emo nights at the Louisville park, Dry Ridge is sketchier. Not the real skaters mind you. Just the riff raff wannabes and pedestrians. I would never go there alone.
The real skaters were cool and displayed some serious gnar. The peanut bowl 'footprint' wasn't very big at all, but it was DEEP, and tight. (Shuddup Dave.) Even with zero flatbottom, Skidzilla wasted no time with a high speed bs grind over the love seat, third try. GNAR. He, OMP, and Gimpy all eventually found the line to grind over the deathbox as well. The real surprise here was skate "noob" EB. He took the longest runs at mach2, lookin' a bit sketchy around the 3rd wall, but stayin' on and haulin' ass for another 5 trips around the pool. How in the world do you learn that in a year of skating? I guess having a perfect park, and kickass skater dudes to hang out with really does help, huh, EB?

We said goodbye to OMP and headed home to DaVille. Sunday morning arrived VERY early, yet I drug my tired old bones outta bed and hit the park to meet EB early and wait for the stragglers, Gimpy, Skidz and MoFo. However, just when you think EB is One of Us... he BAILS! And it's not that he bails, it's that he says he'll be there, and then doesn't show, AND doesn't call. L A M E ! We proceeded to have a decent session, though it was clear we were all tired and worn. EB earned his Concretin shirt on Saturday, no doubt. But he's also earned the tag of most punctually challenged 'Cretin. Sorry EB, that's just the way the urethane cures.

You down with OMP? Yea, you know me.
Life is short. Skate hard.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Yes, yes... too much much g-nar on Saturday made me a NoG-no on Sunday :(

    I'd like to add (for my own personal notes)...

    Frankfort - I pulled some nice slash grinds on the mini along with my two tricks - rock-fakie and tail stall
    Lexington - Steve-O and I both bonked in for the first time in the kiddie pool (Travio says it doesn't count but it "broke the seal", shall we say?)
    Georgetown - After many attempts, I *did* manage to awkwardly traverse the spine (once)
    Dry Ridge - Man-o-man, that pool was fun :D

    Favorite moment(s) - When Dave would say "Nick, your mom is here!" everytime we heard someone honk their horn

    2nd Favorite moment - I hate to mention it, but hearing poor Nikoli smash his head on the tailgate of the van as we were packing up to go home.

    Had a blast! Can't wait to do it again :)

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Definitely a killer weekend. Had a blast with you all. Your new home park is no slouch OMP! That spine ramp is awesome.

    Although everyone was ripping and having a blast, I have to say that Skidzilla blew me away all day long (no, not that kind of blow Dave). He was just going for it all day. Some highlights:

    Frankfort: FS 50-50s, FS pivot to tail, and he was the first to pull the bonk transfer I do believe.

    Lexington: Bonk into the crete "halfpipe", manual the big hump or whatever the hell u call it.

    Georgetown: rock spine transfer, FS 50-50 to BS spine transfer (and the one I got on video he actually was grinding not just stalled).

    Dry Ridge: Over the loveseat grind (damn!, trick of the day in my book), high speed double-trucker grinds, over (and through) the deathbox, and I think he would have bonked into the bowl if Nick hadn't said something like: "I don't know Dave, there's not a lot of transition to land on there."

    I know I probably missed some other stuff he did too.

    Watching EB work that bowl at high speed, trying to stay on like he was riding El Toro in the rodeo, was definitely a highlight too.

    Can't wait for the next trip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home