CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, May 07, 2007

People Suck... But Skaters (and Bikers?!) Rule!

As if you needed another reason to hate people... I rolled up to the park early, thankfully with broom in hand, to see broken beer bottles E V E R Y W H E R E ! ! Already, 3 bikers were busy sweepin' and scoopin' in the street course. (With a small broom and a shovel, borrowed from the city maintenance crew, who were somehow absent from the entire glass clean up process...) I gave them my broom as I went to greet EB and kiddos. They finished the street course and I took to the deepend for cleanin' where they joined in to clean faster... and then the flats on deck... It was so ridiculously frustrating that we had to do this, but it was so freakin' cool that we all worked together and knocked it out pretty quick, and so much better than the city shits who did absolutely NOTHING. (Oh, I'm sorry, they emptied the garbage cans. Gee thanks, ya pukes!) I absolutely will not thank them ever again, nor even speak to them. Well, maybe if they say THANKS for doin' our job last week. Lame. I'm such a dork for not taking pics of the carnage, AND the city workers NOT cleaning it up... I'm sure I'll have another chance...

SO, bs aside, on to the session... Gimpy fell victim to other suck ass people, oil company execs, and declined to spend $40 roadtrippin' for a short Sunday session. ($3.28 per gallon!? Skidz and I can predict the future... another quarter of record profits for the oil industry. Bet on it!) Next week is out too, as Gimp will be a new CatDaddy (aw, ain't he sweet)... We'll catch him in Georgetown in a couple of weeks. And Mofo was mysterly MIA (and still is actually). What gives Mofo? But Skid and Gibzilla attended as well as Mark and Ward, with a couple of Detroit friends. Just an all around good session with every one skating great and no crazy slams. I was stoked to finally, dare I say, "wire" the 6' quarter launch. I don't feel I was doing anything different than my last attempts, but it came together nice and smooth several times. Gib nutted up and did the 4' roll-in on the bike again, after it apparently spanked him on Saturday. Nice job G'zilla! While Skid had to touch down the front truck a bit on the 5-0 grinds, they are getting longer and faster... and the "nestea plunge" frontside stalls just freak me out.

I'm so stoked that our sessions this year (so far) have consistently been, well, consistent! (Crap, I probably just jinxed it.) Every session, everybody seems to be skating their best. We may not push it to the insanity level ("over the hole") or learn something new each time, but we're havin' "SAlba Sessions" where something gnarly goes down, and we all have a good time... Well, those of us who show up that is... Look at this way, the more you skate, the better you look in the next vid...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Kelsey put together a little video that shows some of the mess...

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iTK6OdGg66U

    Without all of our peeps there she didn't get as much skating footage as she would have liked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home