CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Colorado Skate Sessions

I got one day in Denver WITH the family. SO, basically, I was puttin everybody out both times we stopped to hit a skate park. I only got to skate 2 park, but I took pics of 3. We started in Silverthorne in the mountains. I would have skated it, but it was 17 degrees. It looked like a lot of fun and I hope to hit it next trip (we're hoping to make an annual or bi-annual trip to this place).

Silverthorne


It was warmer in Denver - sunny and 60! I was warned the park was slick by an Old Man Army Member. He was right! I fell on my ass on flat ground just putting my foot down to stop.

I also met some cat from Louisville sporting a N:CE jacket - he rides for N:CE. Very Cool!

Denver
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Will at Home Skate Shop told me about the cool indention in the ground: Lots-o-fun!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Finally, we stopped at The Aurora Wheel Park. It had some fun stuff, too. Fruitbooters were minimized by having their own In Line Hockey rinks (three!) and a BMX track next to the concrete kept most of the bikers out, too! It was a very cool, well thought-out place to play.

Aurora Wheel Park
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Nice pix, Skidz. And the park looks like gnarly fun :D

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    I plan to hit Aurora on Sunday, as well as Castle Rock and one other... CAN'T WAIT! I don't think I'm gonna get to snowboard at all, but that's ok. I wouldn't want to embarass any Cretins, or steal Skidz thunder next season with any gnar I might learn on REAL slopes like he did last week.

    See you punks at THUNDER!!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    WOW...those parks look super-fun. You must have had a blast. Lovin' life! Have fun on ur trip too Nikita!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home