CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Completely Unrelated

Winter Blues got me down. I should have skated both days this weekend. It was nice enough for sure, but my seasonal affected disorder seems to have me full throttle and I'm nearly immobilized. Then there's the guilt; the voice in my head screams, "Most people in the world don't even have a skatepark! Let alone a 42,000 square foot concrete park with a 22 foot full pipe!" This feeds the lethrgy and aggrevates the inertia. It is a vicious cycle and I wish this affliction on no one.

On a liter note I did make two Captian Underpants sculptures with the Gibster; One for his Unlce Tom's fiddy-something birthday and one to keep. Here is a picture of the one we kept.



Never underestimate the power of underpants!

And a Warm Hardy Welcome to the Michigan Skater, Mangadezi-jr! Keep on postin - it might keep us honest, but not likely. (It does add extra guilt knowing there is someone in a much norther place reading this - just what I need [refer to paragraph one above]).

6 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Nice Captain Underpants! I see the resemblance ;)

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger mangadezi-jr said…

    That's a great Captain Underpants! thanks for the "warm" welcome-- it's been bootiful up here the last few days so we even managed to go skating at our local park--

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Yo Mangadezi! If your car is up to it, next weekend is looking pretty nice right now. Mid 60's maybe even on Sunday! T'would be a great roadtrip weekend!

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Holy Shit!! Please please please please please be an accurate forecast. Could be a 2 day event next weekend if there be couch space available. Definitely got a wicked case of skate Blue-B's right now for sure. Hey, what's up Mangadezi! I'm originally from the Detroit area. You gotta come down to Louisville sometime. The park kills.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    It's Thursday morning and, besides being a little wet, the weather is N-I-C-E :D

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, I missed all those beautiful days of skating ... and I'm hatin it. Here's to the next warm spell ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home