CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, November 24, 2006

More to be thankful for...

The easiest 5 hour drive I've ever had - Thanks Bro! (I got to borrow the Mustang Mach1.) Cruise control and a comfy racing seat made the drive smooth as silk. Not to mention knowing that if I WANTED to do well over 120mph, at any time, I could. (Well, not with the wife in the car, but it was mechanically possible.) It's a beast, and driving it chill, did seem a bit wrong. I chilled on the top speed, but tried to make up for it at take off, each and every time. :) But I was a good bro and never smoked his new tires, as tempting as it was. So anyway... the worst part of the northern commute, while still the worst part, was not nearly as mind numbing and irritating as it usually is.


If you are ever in Northwestern Indiana, visit WOODLAND SKATES in Portage. Owner Jason is super cool and opened up just for me, and then let me shop in the "warehouse" of old school decks-reserved for eBay, as the groms won't buy 'em - 'cause they don't understand. Damn that was cool. I tried to subdue my enthusiasm, but still, "kid in a candy store" doesn't even come close. Stacks and stacks of killer shapes and graphics, a few reissues, but NOS mostly. I couldn't decide, so I bought 2. A Cab "tank" (as in motorcycle gas tank) and Barbee "Tarot Card." I only regret not getting an LT photo in the stockroom. Jason made me a great deal and tossed in some old PlanB tapes. KICK ASS! Thanks Jason! Check out FreeWorldSkates on eBay if you're looking for some old school sticks.

Props also to WWW.OLDMANARMY.COM (Now a Link on the sidebar!) A great forum for chillin' out and hangin' with likeminded 30+ year old skaters. Dudes who understand what Gnar is, and how hard a 50-50 really is, even if it looks simple. Enlist today punk. You're already old, so you might as well.

I heard the Thanksgiving Invitational went well. Though EB apparently is still grounded. (Didn't show or call, so probably got his phone priveleges taken away too. Damn, dude, what did you do?) Anyway... lookin' forward to a Saturday AM session, even though it's gonna be c-c-c-cold. I'll try not to whine, but don't bet on it. Gimpy just called, he's making the trip down. Excellent Smithers.

Life really is good.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    WOW...Great videos.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Stomach flu. I was about 10 minutes from leaving to go to Kyle's (had even left VMs for Travio and Skidz) when I thought I may have to lay down "for a few minutes". Forty-eight hours and a 102 degree temperature later, I felt like an old man suffering from ricketts and scurvy. All better now... except the fact that I missed my entire Thanksgiving weekend (got to eat at least) and yet another killer session :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home