CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, November 05, 2006

One killer weekend...

Because this is supposed to be a skateblog, I guess I should leave out my giddieness about an anti-gay evangelist getting exposed as a flaming 'mo, but I will point out his anti-gay-marriage stand is not really hypocritical. He doesn't wanna marry the guy - just scrog him. (Married homos?! That's just WRONG!) Whatta dumbass. AND I'll leave out my belief that if you really want change in the government, you should VOTE, and RE-ELECT NO ONE this week. But anyway...

Jon rolls in from northern 'crete country - just to prime himself for next weeks roadtrip to his neck of the woods. Dave joined us and we again worked the corner coping. We both got a couple super smooth grinds, along with a plethora of bails, of course. I had a pretty good session, and Jon was his rippin' self. But Dave, all the while coughing and hacking, was killin' it! If only he was 100% healthy... His hip hops were big and fast, he stifled the p-flares of frontside grinds, and carved the place like a juicy Thanksgiving turkey. It was quite impressive. I noticed later that it was a full moon, and I understood. Full moons generally equal killer sessions for the 'Cretins. I've been working on photos and video footage a bit... and Jon's footage from the DewTour is krazee! It was like I was there all over again - sittin' just a few feet from ALL of the pros... The challenge now is to edit the footage to a reasonable length, yet still convey the month long stoke that event provided for me... (hell, I'm still stoked)

Sunday actually was even warmer and no one even commented on us wearing shorts. Brett was already ripping this morning, and even bonked in switch... "kinda," he said. I'm sorry, you can't KINDA bonk in switch... he's insane. I was having a good standard run session. I attempted a few nollie disasters in the 6', and locked in, but couldn't swell the orbs to go back in... but the 1st half of the execution was smooth each time. I'll get those eventually. I can feel it. We didn't get THE question, but I did get asked, "Why do you have such an old 'fish' board?" Because I am old. Mark was there and showing us what it was like to go Mach3 (or "MachMark") and then started bustin' pivots in the 6'. Nice. The new local, Christian, also made an appearance. He obviously had inverts wired in his younger days, as on his 3rd try, he was very close to riding away. But again, Dave showed up and flicked a switch, and he was on. Not hackin' quite as much, but still not healthy, but if you just watched him skate, you'd never know. Fast carves, fs touch grinds, 50-50s, smooth hip hops, even a couple feebles in the 6'. Oh yea, and a straight up ollie launch over a cone. *re-read that last sentence* Yea, you read it right. (proof below) I don't know where he found it, but Skidzilla's got some brand new Gnar.

When I get sick, I wanna skate like Skidzilla...


Gettin' Some!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Yup, it appears it was definitely the Skidmeister's weekend. His "warm-up" run on Saturday was full on gnaRAGE. Maybe it's because he really IS Captain Underpants and we just don't know it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home