CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Concrete-n-Steel, Padded & Smokeless.

Templeton in Cedar Rapids, IA?



I didn't make it to Kyle's this week, but I got some quality ramp time on some pretty sweet 1/2 pipes. Know this: Metal is very slick and will happily flick you off your board as quick and as fervently as a six year old gets rid of a booger.

Riverside Skatepark is tiny, but fun. It has some of my favorite graffiti and gives me that warm feeling of 'outsider' that I know and love. After sitting in a room full of 200+ people from whom I feel quite alienated, I got to hit these metal ramps on two different occasions and feel quite alienated.

I was the only person wearing any gear. I was the only person over 12. I was the only person who didn't ollie as my main means of spine transfer. I was the only person in the park without a cigarette. Cue the Music Johnny Ramone, "I'm an Outsider," if you please.

When I grow up I hope I don't find it was the Aliens that made me feel alienated.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Hilarious! I wish fulfilling my fiduciary responsibility to the share holders(tax payers) involved so many skateparks. Bastard. At least your big enough the 12 year olds won't mess with you. I'm such a lightweight I'd get hassled to no end. Damn bullies.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    I'm proud that you didn't succumb to any peer pressure by removing your pads and/or lighting up just to impress and "fit in" with the other children.

    If you were to light up and skate however, u have to lose the pads too. How dorky would some dude look skating in full gear with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth? Haha, DUDE, you don't look wild, reckless and dangerous, You're FULLY PADDED! HaHa.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home