CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sessions & Roadtrips 2006 - Day 1

What happens if you send several 30-something would-be pro skaters (hey, it's our blog-we would like to be pros) and leave them at a killer skatepark from 9:00am - 3:00pm... Some serious rippage goes down! And at least one of them ends up with a sun redened nose, and ridiculous tan "bars" on the forearms and calves. Ah, the pad tan, I had forgotten thee.

Wow, whatta session! Even had a late surprise visit from Elvis! (Team Geritol) He claimed unworthiness but he dropped in the fray and drew long lines, on a serious yacht of board, no problem. Much thanks to 'Vis for doing some filming of the Concretins. He should have some decent high definition footage with that Sony as well! And thanks for hookin' me up with large TG shirt. (They are valuable! I traded my Goon and TG XL shirts for a cable modem!)

Jon "don't call me BonJovi" rolled in from the Buckeye state ready to rip. As the last blokes to split, we took turns getting footage - as we were all skating so good, no one really took time to stop and film (as usual - but I'm not really complaining). He got some great shots and hopefully the stills we took develop into nice photos as well. I have a feeling he has the cover of the next DVD on that roll...

Hella thanks go out to Steve-O with the lame back... he came as full on Chef and grilled up a delicious lunch. Mega cheeseburgers, dogs, and hot links - the cardiologists friend, the heart attack on a plate. You'll be carvin' again soon Steve-O!

Out of the bank, Kyle and I were blasting over the saw horse! He NEVER missed an ollie. Never. From the first try to the last... much to his surprise, but damn! Never even close to hitting it or bailing. It took me a few warm up attempts, but I eventually got it easily, even threw down some boned melons. We did put it away for awhile after a grom (de)nutted himself. Ow. Backside airs and "the 50-50" in my run came very easily all day. As well as nollie disasters and switch drop-ins. The only thing I could have thrown in to complete my day skate-wise, was a doubles run, but OMP didn't make the trip. The nerve of some people having a life outside of the Concretins.

That doesn't cover half of what went down, but I'll let other Concretins post their take on the day and type their own details... I never heard our favorite question "Are you sponsored?" but we got many cool comments on the fact that we're "locals" yet we came prepared like roadtrippers (camp chairs, boom box[with 2 10inch speakers, amp, and 6 disc changer], shade, cooler, grill, saw horse obstacle, etc.). Thanks for making it out everyone! What an insane day!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Yup, yesterday was a BLAST and now I'm in full on skate mode again. I got tomorrow off and I'm thinkin' Athens. It was great seeing you all and skating again after all that time. I didn't realize until I got home that I got totally raccoon faced from wearing sunglasses all day in the deceptively hot sun.

    I dropped off my film as soon as I got back and there are a few good shots (not as many as I had hoped for though). I got Nick at the perfect point of his melon grab over the horse and kyle ollying over it with room to spare. The best shot I think was the one Nick took of me frontside grinding the 8' bowl with the pipe in the background. You nailed it. I don't think we got a cover shot yet but it'll come.

    After I dropped off the film I commenced watching Sessions and Roadtrips and you did an OUTSTANDING job on that!! I was freaking out watching Steve's rolling handstands. That is so sick. Damn Nick, you were carving the shit out of Bloomington! I REALLY want to skate Kyle's ramp now after seeing it cuz it looks SUPER fun. I also could not believe how high Paul was getting in that pipe (HOLY SHIT!!). Dude, I was RIPPIN' for like 3 seconds haha. Great Video. I'm going to have to watch it again tonight.

    I'll be skating with you all again hopefully in a couple of weeks instead of months.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home