CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Concretins ARE Famous

KOTR 2005.

The video is good enough I guess, if you want to watch a bunch of fuckers doing a bunch of moronic shit and occasionally skateboarding - so, it is pretty much right up my alley.

Kyle picked up a copy today for the post-10K vegetation period that typically follows running too far, then eating too much - which is exactly what we did today while your lazy ass was sleepin or somethin equally as useless. Anyway, the first thing I noticed about the video was the cover - LOUISVILLE. I made a loud comment in the skateshop; something along the lines of "Those fuckers! Badmouth Louisville then put us on the cover! The granny buying buyin her kid something gave me quite the stink-eye, but Hey!, I was riled. The next thing I noticed was that if you squint really hard, and you were there to know where he was sitting, and you use your imagination, you can see The Gimp'd Out Jon Burgess! RIGHT ON THE COVER (IF you squint really hard, and you were there to know where he was sitting, and you use your imagination).

Like all skate videos I watched with some intent interest and thought about how stupid and/or smelly those guys are and how I sure would like to hang out with 'em and stuff. But the credits - OH THE CREDITS! Right at 46 minutes and 41 seconds the video cuts to Bill Danforth doin some stupid trick with two skateboards that Nick is always pullin when you leave your board layin around and he rides right by The Concretins! The ones that were there anyway. Kyle, Nick, and Jon! You can really tell they are Concretins, too, if you squint really hard, and you were there to know where they were sitting, and you use your imagination - and you have to pause the video and use the frame-by-frame advance, of course.

So, boys, you made the cover and the video! Good on ya!

I knew we rocked - now we rock that much harder

Skidzilla

2 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That 'twas I. The rippin' skater is OldManPaul.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Finally saw the whole video! I made it in the Louisville section too. (Background of a benihana with the camera boom.) I remember that moment too, I was just about to start shooting their beni-attempts and thought, "Dammit, he made it, that footage opportunity is gone." But right after that, I got the Bill Danforth footage that ended up in Sessions&Roadtrips. What a blast. And the Phelps roman candle reversal is HILARIOUS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home