CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Midweek Session

Ya try to take a "mental health" day - so you can chill out and get your head back together because so much shtuff is goin' on - 3 divorces across the board(not even mine) and work has been a bit hectic lately. But I was caught up. So if I was gonna split for a day, it had to be now... NOPE, got called right back in. Guess I'll just have to deal with it like everyone else. Dammit.


I finally get home and Skidzilla calls... "Can you come out and play?" Kickass. Skate session is on. Gorgeous weather meant
no hesitation on my part. The bros Skid, wee one Gib, and I had a pretty good session. I was "practicing" skating more than truly skating. I've realized that on days that I don't automatically rip (we all have those good days, though mine are more rare than others), I really need to "practice." Focus on a trick and learn it. Do it over and over 'til it's second nature. That's how it used to go, only practicing seemed more fun in 1988. And I figure that will make those rare autopilot days even better. Dave attempted a couple of 50-50s in the 8'. He's just about got them. That's gonna piss me off. The deep end session was probably the most fun. Everyone was flowing. We headed out just in time to hit rush hour. Wouldn't be so bad if the Jeep had tunes. Sorry you didn't get a movie Gib, skating is more fun anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home