CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Heat Wave!

It reached a blistering 38 degrees today! Woo hoo! Skidzilla and I bundled up and hit the 'crete. I've been itchin' to put the new deck and new wheels on some 'crete tranny so with today being forecast as the warmest day of the week (without rain), today was the day. It wasn't 'til the afternoon, so the park looked crowded, but for some idiot reason, everyone was standing or sitting around leaving the bowls relatively empty. Cool by me!

It was still cold enough that your eyes watered on speed runs. And with the new RainSkates Tsunami wheels, I was definitely speeding. I can't wait to see how these bad boys roll when they're not ice cubes. OMP was right, these rock! I also felt the "largeness" of the new deck on the 'crete more than the minis, doesn't make much sense, but it was there. I was able to finally get a nice smooth grind in the bowl, along with a great backside disaster, though it was in the 4'. Still a make! Skidzilla was on point with his standard marathon runs, even in the frigid temps. He worked on the 5-0s and did not hesitate with the frontside grinds. Sometimes he grinds 'em and rolls 'em back in, and sometimes he'll come to a complete stop, and just lean back and drop in like it's nuthin'. But I believe if we check his shorts, we'd find evidence that it DOES bother him just a bit. Gnar has it's consequences. I just hope Sharon makes him wash those BVDs.

I believe the lil' bugger of a groundhog shnookered us, as it doesn't appear winter is going away anytime soon. I guess I'll have to settle for some wood tranny, or perhaps some snow carvin' for my next session. Are you in?
Skidzilla - FS Gnar

5-0 grindin'... or is it just a pivot... guess you shoulda been there.

More FS Gnar - lean back and go back in ya bugger!

Do not fear the DeathBox Nikoli, for it cannot harm you.

My backside looks gooood, dunnit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home