CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Eve Eve Session

Wow the weather forecast is looking very promising (again!) for this weekend in Louisville (around 50 degrees). I'm looking at cruising into town on Saturday a.m. once again if the forecast holds up. Who's in town and ready to rip?? (Gimpy, Mofo, Skidzilla, and Nikoli ready to ride.)

Updated: WHAT A SESSION! Man, I did not want to leave that session, but family duty called. I rolled into a virtually empty park, with me, Gimpy, and a lone bundled up street rat, who left fairly quickly. We warmed up with custodial duties - sweepin' crap outta the bowls, and water outta the pipe. Then it was on to rippin' 40,000 sqr ft of 'crete, just us. Damn that's fun!

Eventually some groms showed up, but avoided the old dudes. Schweet! Mark also rolled up with new deck, wheels, and kicks. Jon was ON. Hittin' the manual on deck, and a great stand-up FS 5-0. He also hit the corner pocket grind everydamtime, the bugger! But I did get a couple after takin' notes.

Just stand up and really stick that front foot on the coping... my grinds felt so much better and I was keeping my speed. Nice. Thanks J! Just as Mofo and Skidzilla walked up, I nutted up and rolled in the 6'! PERFECT first try. I had been watchin' Jon, and he makes it look so damn easy. EMS was already at the park, just killin' time, so that made it a lil' less scary. If I were to break, I'd have pro help immediately. And low and behold, it WAS easy. Just like Jon said. It really IS all in my head. The second one was a bit squirrelly, but still... I am stoked! More progress! Skid just casually says, "I wish you hadn't gone and done that." You're up punk! (He pushes me. I push him. But I still ain't droppin' in the deep end. Sorry, that's all you, Holmes.)

Dave had a brand new set up, but you wouldn't know it was a virgin board - cept for the clean ToyMachine graphic - 'cause he was on IMMEDIATELY! I just don't get it Dave! I only got to see 2 of his runs, but holy crap. Sorry I had to bail guys, I'm sure you kept the 'crete warm with GNAR.

UPDATED: After Nick left, Skidz, Kyle and myself shredded it up for a while until the magic words were uttered from Dave's salivating orifice: "You guys wanna go get a slice??" Off to Wicks for a killer pie and talk of alien abductions, Scientology, Satanism, and skating, of course.

We then proceeded to the Skidz estate to lay some pipe (no there wasn't a group of hotties from yoga class waiting for us when we got there; we actually did some plumbing work in Dave's basement). After Kyle taught us how to lay the pipe we had a killer meal from Zen Garden (a place where Nick could very well starve to death). Kyle headed home and I was placed in front of the tv where I was occupied with a screening of the Incredibles (awesome flick!) while the more mature children were taken to a Backstabbing Santa party.

Christmas Eve morning was time for Skidzilla and Gibzilla to apply the Concretins griptape Kyle had doled out the day before. I figured that since everyone else seemed to be rolling on a new setup I would put together that Grosso that's been in my trunk since last August and join the party. I rolled out to the park before Skidz and kidz to give the new stuntwood a go since it was begging for it. When I got there it was already about 11 a.m. but it was still see-your-breath COLD. Mark was there blazing around as usual. We took a few runs and then Travio showed up followed by the Zilla crew. I was feeling the new wood and the cold was soon forgotten as we proceeded to have another fine session on some of the greatest crete that was ever shot on this planet.

Thank you Dave and Sharon for putting me up again. You rule! (as well as Nick, Kyle, Steve-O, OMP, Travis etc.) Can't wait to skate with you all again soon. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Dude, I LIVE here.

    I'm in for a session (or two) this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home