CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, December 15, 2006

SkateNight Rocks! (and slides)

What a session! You missed out Punk! Skidzilla, me, 3 groms (Dave, post their names, I killed that memory brain cell a long time ago), and of course ramp owner Mofo ripped up the Corydon Skate Ranch. I arrived to a full session of groms and Mofo was already on. (Duh.) We took a quick break and headed to the "Official Bike Shop of the Concretins." (Huh, official BIKE shop? Yea, that's what we said. But yea, if any 'Cretin wants a bike, they should go to Old Capitol. Tom will hook you up!) And yes, I do want a bike for my daily commute. Lookin' at a chopper bike, for style of course, or perhaps I'll go a bit more practical (though not frugal) and get a recumbent trike. We'll see. Tom is totally cool and will hook me up right. We discovered it was all his fault that the groms crashed the session.

But that's ok, 'cause they were cool and worked as hard as we did to rip, and cheered on the old guys, with no comments on the full on skate gear. Mofo even "worked" a bit. But the stomped Kickflip Fakie on the TajMaWall was killer. Blunt and grind clinic was also on Kyle's agenda, as usual.

I did not arrive with a "mission." Just another good session, but with a short list of things to "try." My first fs touch grind attempt was my only make, but still, first try! I looked at a couple fs rocks, but that wasn't gonna happen, I could feel it. Boardslides weren't even on the list, but watchin Mofo's soooo smooth, I thought, what the hell. Immediately, the slide was there... I struggled for a few minutes on the re-entry, but then suddenly, "make." I couldn't believe, it still freaks me out. They came so quick and locked in! It may have just been the meteors in the sky this week, but I dare say I wired them, at least for that session. I got a bit too ambitious and tried a few cabslides, and even got one, but I'm a few sessions away from being even comfortable with those. But yea, I'm stoked. One more trick... old dogs can be taught!

Dave rolled in a bit later whinin' of the cold, but he warmed up quick. I still don't understand how he does fs grinds, and they gotta be WAY way off for him to not try and bring 'em in-and he still makes it. Gnar. He's really gettin' the wall slides stylin' too. Then out of the blue he winds up and throws 270 stalls. So cool. I gotta get that...

The groms worked on grinds and rock-n-rolls. I think they grasped the 'Cretin concept of enjoyin' your sketch (Skids and I were always smilin', even sketchin' out of a run). No snakin' and plenty of rebates were given. The way a session is supposed to be. And Sam (hey I remembered a name) worked hard on the kickflip fakie on the wall... soooo close sooo many times... He might have eventually got it, I left before everyone else...

Don't miss SkateNight people. It's worth the commute to Hoosierville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home