CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Thursday, June 22, 2006

DEW'n it in DaVille!

Dew Tour Panasonic Open - Day 1

A pretty cool day. Worth the 5 bucks for parking, especially since I had won tickets already. Had 4, and all the other Concretins had better things to do I guess, so I went alone... with LT of course. I gave the tix to a family of three, saved 'em a McDs dinner worth of cash. The village was set up pretty cool, but of course no one watches where they're going or where they're stopping... And it's only Thursday... Saturday and Sunday are going to be insanely packed... But we'll be there... Lots of booth babes for gazing made it worth dealing with the crowd. :)

Cutie at the Hawk booth


Jammin' at the SlimJim booth with DJQ of B96


OK - The skate "park" prelims were great. Sheckler is crazy good. I saw him practice one or two tricks between runs, then he stomped his entire first run. And Senn was super fast and kept trying this huge reverse transfer (bank to quarter that was 3 feet lower)... He definitely brought his gnar along this weekend.

Ryan going big. Hey, he can drive now!


The most powerful skating I witnessed. Chris Senn


Afterwards I milled about and heard Gentry on the DewTour mic. He was hypin' up his ProRidersOrganization. So I jumped in line to meet some pros - PLG, Tas, Buster, Mathias, Jake B., and Mayer. Not everyone was cool with takin' a LT photo, and PLG is obviously not a Tony fan, but he was still cool to see the fun and take a hilarious pic. I was stoked that Buster knows who LT is! He'll be stoked if he sees the footage in the LT DVD I have for Bucky and Bob... Buster and Chris Miller ripped up the deep end downtown last year. I still can't remember the old vid I have with Danny in it... is it "Lick" by H-Street? Anyway.. they were all cool and sat there signing autographs for every last person waiting in line. I gave them all Concretin cards in hopes they'll check the blog. Thanks guys! Good luck in the comp this weekend! Hope to skate with you downtown sometime this weekend! Drop us an email and let us know! (Hint: skating butt early usually means less people at the park...)

Don't be a hater PLG!


Buster and LT hammin' it up


Oh and the NiceSkateShoes "trailer" DVD from Buster is KILLER! Pretty long for a trailer. In it there is so much 'crete skating! Perfect for us. I've seen alot of those parks on WallofGray.com's vids. And Buster's kickflip to 5-0 over the channel at Bob's is just sick. Thanks Buster!

To steal Skidzilla's tag line...
When I grow up, I wanna get paid to skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home