CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Did you bring yours?

All Concretins present and accounted for! Unfortunately, not all at the same time, so we're still short a group photo... (OMP got lost somehow. But in his defense, he is a central KY boy traveling to Hoosierville. I'm sure that's discombulating.)

I'm the self appointed video/cam dude of the group and I shot almost no footage and zero still shots. So it's up to everyone else to post some pics of this killer session.

WHAT A DAY! A lil' less humidity would have been nice as we were all drippin' just padding up. That ramp is SOO much easier to ride than before. The transitions are comfy and it "feels" much bigger, so you actually feel like you accomplished something when you land a new trick on it. Steve-O was back in action and droppin' in like a champ. I did ok and got pivots wired, even a miniscule nollie 50-50, and a 5-0. Skidzilla hit the 5-0 and 270 stalls, and 360 rocks really well. Friends Travis and Scott showed and joined in the rippage. However, we all apparently left our Gnar at the house... I swear I packed it.

Kyle, whose Gnar oozes from the ramp anyhow, looked even more irritatingly comfortable and at times BORED while he skated. All the while throwing blunt pivots, 5-0s, smiths, ollies, and Taj-ma-Wall shifties among the other things I saw but don't remember. Then there's the Buckeye Gnar of just powering through everything and doing the simplest grind (50-50, 5-0, frontside, backside, fakie), or some slide concoction so smooth but aggresively deliberate and burly. Jon's skating doesn't quite match his laid back personality. And then there's Old Man - where's my map - Paul... Pumping through with a loud pop where there is no ramp on the corner lip/ramp edge scaring the beejeezus out of us all everytime. Backside airs from said corner, and airs to stall so big I thought he'd dent the coping. I don't think he missed one of those ever. Then he had to go and hit the 8' mark on the wall... the highest I've seen yet (sorry Mofo)... I remember thinking last year that an old school big wall skater like Paul probably wouldn't have all that much fun skating a mini... I'm stupid. Paul, can I borrow your Gnar? Just for a lil' while?

Happy Birthday Mofo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home