CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Spring weather! Warm 'Crete!

Fresh content! Woo Hoo! I finally got out to the 'crete. It's been a month since "the slam." I'm actually sort of glad the weather kept me off the board. Probably saved me from seriously injuring myself (even more).

The day started searching for a parking space, because 9,000 or so pedestrians were running around the city. 3 blocks away from the park wasn't too bad. 5 of my friends were among the runners. Why they run I will never understand. Just doesn't seem like fun to me. I cheered on Kyle, Deanna, and the elusive Nate. Had I known they were running before hand, I would have made signs for Skidzilla and Christian too. Sorry. Back to the skatepark for proper recreation.

I was alone at the park for a short while, and used that time to clean up. Lots o' crap in the bowls and too many glass bottles to leave lying around. Put your chit in the trash can you fkn dirtbags. I hate people.

I padded up and took a few tentative runs, and I was immediately comfortable. 'Crete, oh how I missed you so. NoShow rolled up and two Cretins makes it an official session. Some roadtrippers from Ohio were ripping the place up. Ronnie and Andrew (I think, but post up in the comments guys if I'm wrong). I was sure to get them a card and some stickers. About the time I was gettin' winded, Ward rode up on a bike. (He rips, so we won't chastise him about the bike. Besides, he could easily squash me like a jelly bean.)

Ward proceeded to teach me how to do fakie to lipslide. A fun trick, and relatively easy if you have all the elements already. Not too hard to put together. Wish I had tried them sooner. His were super smooth and quiet. Mine were sketchy and barky from dragging my wheels too much. I'll clean 'em up.

I had some good speed runs, rock-n-rolls in the 8' and one good backside air. I got 50-50s in the 6', but decided not to try them in the 8' again yet. I need to get more risers to better avoid wheelbite and the sudden flattening of self. I decided to leave on a good note. Then of course Skidzilla rolls up. I wanted to skate with him, but no, I must behave and not risk a worse injury. So I busted out the camera. The results are below. Skidz was sporting some new kicks and socks, and he used that new shoe style to bust a new one... FS airs over the hip. Damn, I gotta learn FS. While he is getting them, he's still taking notes from Andrew. The kid was flying.

Hope you got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather today. I certainly did. Life is indeed grand.
-NoShow carvin' high.

-Ward goin' for the hip transfer.

-Ward has sweepers on lock.

-I'm still trying to find the best angle to capture the style of the sweeper.

-Andrew can skeet.

-Big and smooth.

-Backside D by another Buckeye.

-Skidzilla is progressing...

-Skidz just cruising. Dig dem socks!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    The socks add like 10 pounds to my ankles!

    I look like Infy with the Cankles (no definitition between the calf and the ankle = cankle)

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    I can't type - Infy was supposed to be Indy (Nik's spawn).

    Although I guess Infy could be some generic roly-poly baby somewhere.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Looks like I missed another good one!

    I'm there on the 15th though!
    Ollies is lookin' good.
    Got some new dudes wanting to come and skate with the older crowd.

    Any thoughts?

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Kvon said…

    Nice vans skidz. Are they suede or canvas? Socks like D.P. cool man!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger jer said…

    looks like everyone had good sessions this weekend.

    FINALLY warm weather!!! i even got a pad tan on a wilmington daytrip yesterday!!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Pad tan? Isn't that, like, one of the first signs of Spring?

    OMP, bring 'em!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Got me some new red Vans Hosoi's. Worth every penny. Rising sun on heel and sole!

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Regular old leather, BTW, to actually answer your Q, Mr. Kvon

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Wished I wuz ther. DERN . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home