CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, February 20, 2009

Drama at the NoShow house

Sheesh, keep NoShow in your thoughts this week. Do what you have to do. Send some positive energy. Pass along some uplifting thoughts. Pray for us. Make a virgin sacrifice for us if you have to.

Panzy (aka Kelsey) was diagnosed with frontal lobe epilepsy on Tuesday. She spent a night at Kosair a few weeks ago after suffering a little jerk or tic. She is on the same medication as my dad. She'll be fine but just something I wish she didn't have to worry about.

Will.i.am (aka Will) is recovering after an emergency appendectomy last night. His appendix hadn't burst but it was ready to pop. He is asleep right now recovering. I don't think I've ever seen him in this much pain (even that one time after he fell 15 feet out of the tree and he asked me if he was dead).

Mama NoShow has been taking it like a champ but it is taking a toll on her. She only wants the best for her chil'ren and hates seeing them hospitalized.

As for skating, I'm ready for warm weather and want to start putting the "Show" into NoShow. C'mon global warming and do your thing already!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Wow!

    You're in my prayers tonight dude.

    Tell Will I know how he feels. Same thing happend to me but it took the hospital 3 days to figure out the problem. Then they did the surgery.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    I've been wishing someone else would post up some content... THIS wasn't what I had in mind NoShow...

    Positive vibes headed your way.

    Can we call her "Twitch." ;) And maybe him "Stitch."

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    JEEZ - That's a whole lotta strife. Lots o' healin thoughts headin to you guys.

    Sorry to hear about "Panzy." Up till now every time you said that, I thought you were talking about Nik, so, thanks for clarifying. I'm glad she's okay, and I'll have to take your word for it cuz the name they gave it sounds scary as shit.

    I, too, am a member of the "abdominal zipper club" along with OMP and now W.I.A. I think I'm gonna put out another Concretin shirt with the logo per usuale and a bloody stitched scar on the lower right hand front in our honor.

    Now that I think about it - it's easier not to.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Kvon said…

    Colorado prayers coming to ya NoShow. Sunshine ahead!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Thanks all. Yes, Nik, you certainly may refer to the two knuckleheads as Twitch and Stitch. That got a laugh out of them (which promptly caused Stitch to wince and grab his side).

    Lucky for Will they had him admitted, opened, and closed within six hours of us getting to Kosair's. It was mighty quick.

    Everyone is doing better and we're all looking forward to a better week. I want to get to the part and see how the park laughs at my attempts with the rock-fakie (which is dialed in at the micro-ramp at home).

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Hey, I know I'm a little late to this one, but glad to hear everyone in your gang is doing O-tay!

    Would anyone like another helping of corn?? You know u like looking at it in your pooh.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger jer said…

    good vibes comin' you way no show, keep the faith brother.

    go skate, it'll make you feel better for the time being, nothing clears the mind like a good roll.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home