CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Feelin' it

Again, I'm inspired by content found elsewhere(SkateandAnnoy.com and Oldkookskating.com). When Cretins actually have skated recently, apparently no one bothered to comment or document. The birthday(s) session will be for sure. And don't think I haven't noticed that we normally premier Sessions & Roadtrips about this time... same story as the previous 3 years... I'll get to it. Eventually. Don't we always get to it? Alright then... carry on.

Ty Evans(director) and Bob Burnquist(skater) recently shot a commercial at the Lake Cunningham, California skatepark. Yea, it was a paying gig. Skateboarding kicks ass.



The original concept. Just for shiggles. You've probably seent it. Several times. But it never gets old. Looks like an absolute blast.


Incidently, a gathering of old skateboarding kooks like myself, called Kookapalooza will be held at the Lake Cunningham Skatepark. October 9-13, 2009. I'll be there. Will you?

4 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Actually,
    This was done several years ago in eastern ky at a private location.
    Cretins have been invited to said location but we never quite made it.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Kvon said…

    I like the commercial. I am glad you posted it. I didn't dare comment positively on sna for fear of the mob. ;)

    Where can I find out more info on this kookapalooza?

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    This reminds me of a very vivid dream I had a few years back. Instead of the bowl being filled with balloons it was filled with water and Shawn White was skating the bowl full of water, disappearing into the water then reemerging on the other side doing airs and inverts etc. It was sick.

    By the way, Skidzilla was in a dream I had last night (luckily he was not pontificating in said dream). We were going to get something to eat and I suggest pizza and he says "naw, I'm tired of pizza." Most F-ed up dream I have had in some time to say the least . . .

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Gimpy: That is F'd up dream.

    Sharon started makin all thee elaborate food suggestions for my upcoming birthday bash with my fam. I just sat there looking at her like she was crazy and finally I said, "I'm having a pizza party." Which is pretty much what I have said for every b-day I can remember.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home