CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mark of a Great Artist

I have a very good reason for missing skate sessions. I mean, c'mon, the name NoShow implies just that. And I haven't bounced back as fast as I had hoped either after spending a week in the hospital with internal bleeding back in June. But there has been yet another reason why I've been missing out. Deadlines!

The Mark of a Great Artist show opened this past weekend and yours truly has two pieces showcased, "Bottle to Barrel" and "Red Wax Dip"...


Barrel to Bottle
     
Red Wax Dip


I know that this is a skating blog but I figured I'd mention it since finishing these two pieces have played such a factor in keeping me from the park. Besides, the announcement for my inclusion in the program was made at the video premier party (even though Nikoli has no recollection, punk!).

These pieces and the rest of the collection will be on display at the Maker's Mark distillery for the next month. After that the collection will be split up and go to galleries in Louisville, Lexington, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, and Madrid. After a year of being on tour the pieces will be "retired" to Maker's Mark lounges in those respective cities.

Now that's out of the way I can get back to writhing in pain on the 'crete (while Wardical grabs his nads and chuckles at my misfortune).

5 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    That is badass Brinley. Good on ya. Sorry I didn't remember, but you didn't remind anyone either. As you said, I wouldn't have driven two hours for the opening anyway. But at future sessions, I pledge to join Ward and grab my gnards while laughing heartily at your slams.

    In fact, let's all grab and chortle in unison, on 3...

    1 - 2 - ...

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger jer said…

    wow!!! man thats just wow!! those are awesome!!!!

    congratulations man those are just killer!! and MAKERS too!!!!!!

    two of my favorite things. art and bourbon!!!! put wheels on that bottle and you've got the complete trifecta.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Kvon said…

    Nice work! Make some screens and start printing that nice work on decks! :) Keep it up! Art feeds art!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    CONGRATS, NOSHOW! You are the man - and I hope your work puts you in the money!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger OMP said…

    cool.

    Redneck don't know much "bout" art,
    but I "does" know a little somethin bout bourbon.

    I wish I could skate 1/2 as good as the level of your artistic abilities.

    No Show is in an art show! Hope his artwork makes it to the "big show"

    Hey, if No Show designed us a new Concretin deck, who would be up for throwing money into a production run? We could sell a few I bet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home