CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, August 18, 2008

Amusement Park of Life

First, an inspirational skate-high of the MegaRamp contest, followed the very next day by the sorrow of losing a pro-skater idol from my youth, Ray Underhill to a Chordoma brain tumor, then a week off from work and getting hit with a stomach virus the last half of the week (essentially quarantining myself from the baby), lots of well wishes from family and friends, then a week of stressful work (which always follows a vacation), and then a beautiful weather weekend with 2 awesome skate sessions... all to be capped off with a car wreck with the wife and child in the car, where the car is likely totalled, AND the other driver fled the scene.

Life is indeed a roller coaster. The most important thing is we are all ok and uninjured from the wreck. I am in a weird self-aware state of mind now. Suddenly I realize what being a grown up means, what being a Dad means. What's really important in life. Family, Friends, and Health. Everything else is bullshit. Well, not skateboarding. That's important bullshit. ;)

- Taking one for the team. Thanks Cretin-mobile. I'll miss you.

- Gnarboy Gimpy showing his gnar. That's vert bitches!

- Travis has been cured of fs gayness.

- Ward has FS Rocks on lock.

- And he can sweep the hip transfer under the rug.

- OMP floats over steel.

- OMP showing us how to grind the bowl.

- Fkn Skidzilla goin' FS in the bowl. Wish I could.

- The pipe misses OMP when he's gone. No other Cretin touches it there.

- Steve-O makes a triumphant return! He just wants to keep the shirt.

- Nikoli fakie disaster...

- ... testing the OMA wood. It can take it.

- Nose stall by the fuzzy bear.

- Junior likes hiphop.


Drop a comment and then go hug your kids/family/wife/dog/significant other... tell 'em Nik sent ya. Then go skate!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Kvon said…

    Good words Nik. I am so glad you and your family are ok.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Yeah, glad to hear you all are OK. Sorry to hear about the Subie. That's LAME.

    On a brighter note, it was awesome skating with you all again last weekend! Great shots Nik.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Kvon said…

    Hey Nik, what kind of lace savers are you using in the pic(s). I have been looking all over for a pair of Smith lace savers... Could not find them for sale anywhere... had to make a temp pair. Do you know where I can pick some up?

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger exp said…

    Cool posts!! Looks like ya'll are still rippin' in Louisville! I haven't been down there this summer. I skated with you guys at Wilson in Chicago about 2 years ago!!

    I haven't been out to Portage yet, my buddy rides there once in a while.

    I'm trying to build a lil' vert ramp for the winter. If I get it goin' I'll let you all know about it!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home