CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Skidzilla Ruins Everything

Wardical was superstoked to check out the miniramp wasy out in Spencer Co. So, we rolled. Frankly, I was surprised to be invited back.

My last visit to the ramp I pretty much infected Phil, the owner, with some sorta virus. Then after passing the virus, I killed Phil's next skate opportunity by canceling a planned trip to Ollies. Hey! I was thinking cold rainy winter day, not Sunny-50-Degree-Inconvenient-Truth-Global-Warming winter day when we planned it. I just couldn't justify driving two hours, spending money, and skating in a warehouse colder than outdoor when the hometown FREE park was calling. Still I ruined that trip, cuz Phil had a rare not-on-call-for-work-and-can-plan-an-out-o-town-skate pass.

Jr. was even nice enough to drive me out to Phil's. I didn't get him sick, but I did ruin a planned Ollie's trip for him recently, too. My knee, sore from my last Ollie's trip, decided to be oh-so-painful on the morning of the planned trip and only got worse. So, Junior, I know I ruined that one too - I even teleruined that trip for Gimpy, cuz was gonna join us, too.






Anyway, the skating was a blast! Phil is dialing in his blunt to 50-50s. He was stoked cuz he got he got his reverts back thanks to Ward's prodding and encouragement. Jr. was his despicable self; trying everything and nearly landing all of it.





I nutted up and worked on my Laybacks under Wardical's Tutelage - and they are looking good, if I don't say so myself. I can't wait to take it back to the Concrete!









Hell, I might even learn to land 'em!




Anyway...plans were made for a make-up session at Ollie's - Phil, was in, Junior, Ward, Tony, maybe Paul and Gimpy. But, Mother nature had other plans. I got sicker-n-shit on Thursday. I shoulda known it was comin' when I started seein' stars after long runs on Phil's miniramp. I called it on Friday after I got my antibiotics and cough suppressant from my doc. I figured no big deal - plenty of others planning the trip - no biggie for me to cancel to convalesce. But, I think I got Ward sick, and Jr. got hurt. Paul called it after I did. SO I don't know if it ever went down.

Post up if it did otherwise I'll assume the Post Title still applies.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Crap, now I really gotta learn to go frontside... Way to step it up sicko.

    I find it amusing that I still get to skate with the new kiddo, but suddenly, I'm skating alone. That's ok, as long as I'm skating.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    I forgot to mention Ward sent an e-mail saying he was sick. Chalk that up to me, too

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    Missed it all last week, but not this week. Wed night at Phil`s gonna get my sk8 on. Laybacks lookin sweet Skids need to figure out my new trick for Wed night.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Junior said…

    i think skidzilla broke his own rule and put his tongue on it - giving him some bacterial gnar and now he's passed it on to us all - im now fighting it, too.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    What did I tell you guys about those open mouth kisses.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Anybody wanna carpool out there? Travio? I'm looking in your direction.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    NoShow, a ride is yours if you want it. meet at my house or the walmart in middletown and take off from there

     

Post a Comment

<< Home