CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First Micro Session

The micro ramps got their first workout on a cold, two-day weekend session. In attendance were Skidzilla, Junior, Nikoli, and NoShow. I have a new rule at the house: You skate it, you tag it. The spray paint can is ready, are you?

The whole set of pix can be found here. And here are some pictures to whet your appetite (I by no means have the trickabulary that Nikoli owns and it shows in my captions)...

Skidzilla pulling a frontside something-or-another...


Junior making falling look cool (check out what happened to his elbow)...


NoShow and his NoSe stall (*wired*)...


Nikoli pulling something crazy outta his...


There is plenty o' head-bangin' and wrist-whackin' so be sure to pad up before you come. See you soon!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Def a fun session. Here's to many more. It ain't that far, so I may still be able to skate once a week and keep the new Momma happy. Thanks Mrs. NoShow for lettin' us play!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    My pleasure. If you can sneak out without receiving the ire of any baby mommas then you are welcome anytime!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger jer said…

    i'm so freakin jealous, i just need about two more feet of headroom in the basement and i could totally pull that off.

    good job!

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Thanks!

    I hit the ramp last night but my hips and the sides of my knees (where I have no padding) feel like roast beef. Too many slams for too many days in succession. But I wanted to skate so I thought, "Tonight is the night I pull off my truck stalls." I figured they were easy to bail without slamming and my body wasn't going to put up with that slamming nonsense.

    Sure enough, 20 minutes and like 50 attempts later, I was slapping those Independents up on that conduit and dropping back in. It'll take some practice to actually stall for any appreciable time and to work out the kinks, but I'm getting there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home