CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Dear Diary...

I skated today. It was RAD!

Who are we kidding... That's what this is. Right? But somehow, it's less lame because it uses technology. So on with the journal entry. Hey, at least it's not MySpace!

Several sessions have happened in the past two weeks that haven't been documented. I personally think, simply because I wasn't there. These other bastards keep leavin' us hanging. I only bitch about it trying to guilt them into adding content to the blog so I can live vicariously through their sessions. But alas... Today (and yesterday even) I got the ok from the Momma to go shred!

Today was a planned Ollie's Skatepark outing, but with 50 degree DRY weather, in February, with 40,000 sq. ft. of smooth 'crete, it seemed dumb to pay to skate indoors. So we didn't, which meant I got to join in! Yay me! Once again the park was virtually empty, and now the sun is beginning to rise a little higher, a little sooner, so by 10 am the shadows weren't so harsh. Participants included NoShow, Skidzilla, Junior, myself, Travio, Tony, and I'll be damned if Wicked Wade wasn't there before me! We were about to repossess his Concretins t-shirt for lack of participation. He has now surpassed Steve in number of sessions in the past month! (2 months even!) Steve-O where are you? You slacker! Jr. was ripping with his new FS hip hop and has been nuttin' up for rock fakies in the 6'. Skidzilla was still hackin' a bit, but marathon runs including good corner grinds and double truckers in the bowl were healthy enough. Tony is blowing me away with how quickly he has picked up 50-50s and rock-n-rolls. Those ramp sessions really are helping. Hopefully I can make it to one of those in the near future. I had a few good 6' 50-50s, and a nice rock in the deep (8') after a good pipe run. Other highlights included Wade's 50-50s, Ward's FS rocks and 6' bonk ins, NoShow drawing new lines, and Travio making me dizzy with his speed in the shallows. Skidzilla also impressed us all with fs slashers in the deep, my favorite going from the 11' to the 8'. He busted out his new cam, and I do believe he got some great shots, we'll see how long it takes him to post them up. (More backhanded guilt. Maybe it'll work this time.)
- Junior doesn't skate angry. He laughs and says, "I got frontsides! Neener, neener, neener!" Punk.


- Skidzilla looks skeered, but he's not. Suppressing his fs mangina.


Other recent items of note:
Junior and his woman are only awaiting final closing and they will be homeowners! Congrats you two! Whenever you're moving, I'm busy that weekend. :) But let me know when you're ready to build the mini in the backyard.

I did a phone interview with Columbia Wire Service regarding old guys who skate, who have lives, jobs, wives, kids, mortgages, like the Concretins and OldManArmy. The article should be available by the end of the month.

Indy is doing fantastic. He's adorable and has been letting us get some sleep most nights. I imagine that will change dramatically about the time his mother goes back to work and I take over 24-7 kid duty for 2 weeks.
- Alice read that smiles are just gas in the first few weeks. Here's a poot in progress.


Life likes to bean you in the nads with a curve ball when you least expect it. Alice found out last week that her office will be closing, likely in April... So as if fatherhood wasn't enough to make me freakout (I've been doin' well, so apparently it wasn't), now I'm going to be the sole bread winner for a bit... I work for the state, so it's more like crouton winner.

I did get a new ride along with the kiddo. A 2000 Subaru Outback. It's schweet! Heated leather seats are nice on these cold winter mornings, but Skidzilla is right... just about the time it's comfortable, you get the butt crack sweat line. 4-6 weeks from now and I'll have the CRETIN license plate. Looking forward to the first real roadtrip in it.

So anyway... Not everything is as smooth as the tranny's downtown, but my bearings are fast and wheels are the perfect durometer to keep on cruisin'. And the coolest thing I witnessed today, was not Juniors ripping while laughin', nor Skidzilla pushing it in the deep end, it was Lil' Jacob, standing on deck, and sayin', "Get it Dad!" while Tony busted a grind. Thanks Jacob. Absolutely awesome.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    Nice to see your blogs again Nick. Great session today can`t wait for the next one.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    I agree with Nik, I think that lil' Jacob screaming "Get it <insert name here>" was the highlight.

    It was good seeing almost all of the gang. Sorry we missed OMP, Gimpy, Steve-O, and Mofo. But warmer weather should be on the way...

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Junior said…

    Great post Nikoli. Indy looks adorable. I DO skate mad - it is the only way to learn new tricks - after something is dialed i smile. Looking forward to the next big skate session.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger jer said…

    man you must have the great state plan then, we don't even get a crouton, more like nibble off the giant ritz cracker.

    great pics there dad, i often smile when i fart too.

    hope to have new knees by november, see you in arizona!!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    No doubt. Farting always brings a smile to my face. Of course, I smile after the fact. It looks like Indy is smiling while in progress.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home