CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, March 18, 2007

2 session Report

Wednesday, Dave and I needed to skate. We didn't get to skate long as we got a late start. He had to take the grom to SkateNight (roller skating) with his gurl... They apparently took the "sittin' in a tree" rhyme literally at some point... let's just hope they aren't listening to PussyCatDolls or some other more illicit tunes! But still, gotta make a Poppa proud. :) We arrived at the MoFo compound and Trav had rolled in too. The Ramp Ranger was warmed up already, which doesn't take long on his home ramp. We got a decent lil' session rollin', and Travio was hittin' 50-50s everytime. But the mini-ramp gods had not been satisfied. We have all been ripping and they decided we must be reminded of our place in the skate world. Skidzilla was first on the altar. A sketchy rentry lead to a bleeding finger from a stray nail on the wall. No one thought much of it. But then Trav went for a full length 50-50, brought it in and lost it on the reentry. SLAM! On his ass and his forearm took a shot from the edge of the flat... The ramp gods were not only unhappy, they demanded BLOOD! I decided to take it easy after that. Though I did get a new slide variation worked out. Dave is only one, maybe two, sessions away from half cab rock fakies. And Trav is kickin' the frontsides, with a bit o' grind thrown in. Mofo was slidin' and smith grindin' all over the place. So hopefully, the gods have been satisfied with Skids and T's sacrificial bloodletting.

Sunday morning, standing Concretin session. I rolled up at 9:15, and had to ask EB of all people permission to skate, as it was apparently HIS park. Only he and his kiddos were usin' the 'crete. It was COLD! I really need to stick to the 40 degree rule. MoFo and OMP eventually appeared, but Skidzilla was absent, even though he said he'd be there. If he and MoFo hadn't run 6 miles with 3,000 others on Saturday morning I'd give him hell and say he's acting like EB. But I won't do that, even though Kyle had made it to skate. Kyle was on point, as usual. A warm up run with smiths and sliders galore. EB was really flyin' compared to the last time I saw him skate (how long ago was that anyway?). He was pumping every transition and not just floating around. I struggled with the new slider and fought for every 50-50. OMP was rippin' as usual too. Grindin' the bowl all over the place and bustin' a few really big bs airs. I was stoked to see Brett again. Hadn't seem him in months. Apparently he didn't know about the premiere party. Sorry Brett. But maybe we'll have a second screening once the full DVD is complete.

I must toss big thanks to Travio for adding to my shoe collection. I now have a pair of vintage Airwalk Disaster series! I think these will be my daily bike commutin' shoes, until I wear out the GreenLantern Adidas. Much 'preciated Trav!

One last thing... Happy Anniversary to Concretins.com! None of us even noticed it was one year ago (with Dave's b-day and premiere party) we started the bloggin'... What a crazy year. Has it really been that long?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nick makes it sound like he couldn't pull much on Sunday...
    Let me tell you...
    He was rockin'!
    I really like the boardslides!
    OMP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home