CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Old Guy Field Trip



The session in one word... EPIC! 3 members of Team Geritol and ALL of the Concretins converged on Ollie's Skatepark on Sunday... and madness ensued. I was so stoked that everyone made it and the energy from the old dudes filled the warehouse. I started with a few walls on the micro, but no warm up was necessary. Our enthusiasm pushed us all to the bowl and the 6' for almost the entire 5 hour session. Team Geritol took to the plywood with ease and the Concretins were immediately ripping. Warm up runs were at the high level of our last visit, and each run got better and faster. Just watching was amazing. But then to drop in for a speed run with your bros cheering you on... faster and faster until the fear of the slam overcomes the thrill of speed! GNAR!

I'd love to regurgitate all the gnarage here, but you really had to be there. Only the above still photo was worth posting. I have some video footage of the 6' mini, but PhotoBucket is bein' bitchy and won't upload it(I'll keep trying)... (huh? does that mean...) YEA, THAT'S RIGHT PUNK ASS! I DID already capture and edit the footage. Startin' the year off right... Video shot, video captured and edited. Really is much easier that way. Guess I really need to finish last years footage, huh? Considering the premiere party is next week...

Gave up on PhotoBucket for the video... went with YouTube... join the revolution right? My apologies to those of you with dial up... Oh, and I forgot to give props for the music. SkateMaster Tate and the Concrete Crew - Justice to the Bass.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, I am kicking myself for missing this. The Concretins joined with Team Geritol is a recipe for GNARage. Rock on.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Great job, DollFace! Normally, I would feel compelled to point out the "artistic liberties" you have taken by consuming 1/3 of the video with your own runs. But, dude, you were smoking on Sunday. I was stoked for you. Especially after you were so bummed at Mofo's earlier that week!

    Great job on the editing and the post, too, BTW.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    OMP was the only one (of us) with a full run. The hang up was a good opener(the only bail I showed was mine), and less than 20 seconds of 3 minutes does not calculate to 1/3. But since you guys "aren't really bustin' my balls", I won't threaten "that other music" for the next session vid. :) Unless it's REALLY gnar and warrants some NJ sounds...

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nick, thanks for putting up that video so fast!! I love that half-pipe. Wish it was closer though. It was great meeting everyone and putting faces to names, etc. See ya'll down here in Nashville I hope.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Lame. That tune might as well be NJ sounds cuz you have played it out like FM radio and MTV played out that Bon Jovi "I Give Anyone Who Listens to this Miserable Shite a Bad Name" garbage back in the 80s. Actually I am just venting cuz I didn't get to see how fancy I looked doing an escalator grind cuz Nick consumed well over HALF the freaking video with his GreenLanternLookin' self-loving self. Go stare at your reflection in a toilet bowl full of piss you F-er!! Ok I feel much better now. Good job Nick!! Are you gonna take that compliment the wrong way too?

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Zed - "Get out the Gimp."
    Menard - "But the Gimp's sleepin'"
    Zed - " I guess yer jus gonna haf to wake 'im then ain't ya?"

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    It's "Bring out The Gimp".

    I should know.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home