CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dreamin' - Warmer Days and Far Away Lands

As most of you know, I spent a year with the in-laws one week last July in McCall, Id. At the time Grindline was building a skatepark. One section was complete and they were cool enough to let skaters skate there whilst they worked.

You may recall that I posted great joy and speculated on the bountiful crop from the seeds of gnar that the park was planting at the time. The "Idaho Bowl" was the completed portion. So named as it was, indeed, shaped like the potato state. It was mostly cool, but the skinny little part on the north end of the bowl/state was more than a bit wonky.



The left-hand kidney was trussed up and ready to pour, but the completed bowl looks KILLER!








However, as the park was in very early development other than the Idaho bowl and the kidney bowl being trussed, I was ill-prepared for the likes of this when I came across it while surfin the net dreamin' of warmer days and far away lands:



Holy F'n Sheee-ite!

A HOLE! In Cradle!

With Coping on THE TOP!

Here's the expanded view showing a roll in.
I gotta get back there this year! I'll finagle a free place to stay for any Concretin who wants to join me.

I found these pics on Dan's Skate Page. Check it out an be envious of the following: His bad-ass fs air on his splash page, the ungodly amount of parks he has ridden (and photo'd and posted), his site in general, and the fact, that, based on the size of his site, he does nothing but skate.

Here's a final shot from a pro photographer Gary Ertter. It shows a righteous carve over the hole after the concrete was cleaned off the coping.



I gotta go as soon as the snow melts. Who's in? At the least the dreamin' about warmer days and far away lands part...

When I grow up I want actual video footage of me carving over a hole in a grindline park!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Cretins should put it in a weekend springtime road trip!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Ugggg. I'll do my damndest to scrape up some plane fare. Sounds like a killer trip for sure. That park is sick! Look at that kidney!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home