CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, December 17, 2006

December? Nah, can't be.

A 60 degree WEEK. In the Ohio Valley? Throw in a meteor shower, and 40,000 sq feet of smooth concrete poured for a specific purpose, and you have all the elements for awesome sessions.

Normally, it really sucks to skate with more than 3 bikers, (and that's only if that's Andrew, and J and his bud) but St.Louis breeds some air oriented bikers, who are totally cool to hang and ride with. When I rolled up and saw 6 bikers millin' about the snake run, I thought, "Great. Another snake session." But alas, I was mistaken. Plus, ya can't snake me if I ain't skatin'. Gimpy and I spent a good 20 minutes of our session just sittin' back and verbalizing various versions of HOLY $#i+! Garret and the St. Louis crew were SKYING! I've watched bike pros on a ramp, and that's amazing, but they're pros, and that ain't my home park. I'm just gonna let you look at the pictures... I know this is a skateblog, but when props are earned, props are given. Well done Illinois. Drop us a line guys (concretins@yahoo.com) and I'll send you all the photos...







So eventually we got around to skating, and Skidzilla rolled in as well. I struggled to show off my new trick, but did finally get some long boardslides. Jon was throwin' quick bs 5-0s and bonkin' in everywhere, and of course took it to the deepend. Dave's endocrine rosary seemed small compared to his own orbs, and he took appropriate action by axle droppin' in the 12' bowl!! (Jon, says eleven... 11- schmeleven, who cares, it's freakin' DEEP) My orbs are small. But I still have fun. Skid started workin' on axle stalls, and did get a couple sketchin' but hell, they still count.
GNAR

GNAR I say

Are you listening? GNAR!


Sunday meant another warm session. Mark was already rollin' at super high speed, and even got the pivot in the 6. He said he saw EB leaving. So apparently Eric hasn't quit skating, he just quit skating with US! Punkass. Skid took marathon runs and fought for the pivot but I didn't witness it. He's gettin' more comfy with fs grinds on 'crete too. I looked at some nollie disasters in the bowl, even did the "first half" perfectly a few times... locked in on the lip, but just couldn't get my orbs to agree to droppin' back in. They're pretty stubborn and self preservation is important. I'll convince 'em eventually.

If this weather is the result of global warming, and republicans are to blame for that, then maybe Skidz is right and a "boot to the head" isn't really required for people voting republican.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger mangadezi-jr said…

    Dang, looks really nice down there, I'm stuck doing the work thing up here.
    what's the height of all the drop-ins there? got anything less than 4-feet? i seem to lose my cojones on anything higher than that . . .

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    The mini capsule section is only 4', and it has a channel to roll-in as well. There are roll-in walls and waterfalls everywhere, so gettin' to the bigger stuff is easy, without having to drop in on vert. You can ride it Holmes, no worries.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Wow. Another great session in Louisville. It may be a very long time until the next one for me. Then again, it may be in the 70's next week. Who knows. Can certainly do without the global warming though. Those bikers ripped! So much fun to watch. Skidzilla casually axleing into the big bowl was quite the inspiration. Damn I wanna skate right now . . .

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger mangadezi-jr said…

    can't wait to go there . . .
    maybe in the spring-- i'm trying to get a few folks to roadtrip down with me-- that'd be sweet if some other folks could meet up, too-- sounds like the EastCoast OMA crew might do something in the spring as well . . . maybe they could be persuaded . . .

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger NoShow said…

    I was down there at 7:15AM. The lights weren't even on when I got down there (had to wait about 10 minutes before the rising sun gave me enough to skate). I hadn't skated the 'crete since trying to tear my foot off in the full-pipe about 8 weeks ago. I was afraid I had forgotten how to skate on 'crete. I haven't but *was* reminded how much it hurts to fall.

    My dropins were shakey. I landed my hip on the coping when I tried to pop out once. And oddly enough, my frontsides were rocking out. I also tore up the wooden half-pipe (well, "tore up" for me, that is).

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Glad to hear you're back on the crete EB. Hope to session with you and everyone sometime in the near future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home