CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Wasted...

Most of you probably try to think of reasons to NOT go to your inlaws family reunion... a 4 hour drive is generally the only reason I don't wanna go to Alice's. But throw in a skatepark, and I'll even overlook that. Throw in a KICK ASS park, and I'll be there every year! (Not to mention excellent small town home cooked sustenance.) But we really shouldn't travel that far to see someone who lives 10 minutes away... Sorry Kim, Sorry Leigh, we'll come see ya in town soon.

Fort Wayne, Indiana has poured some serious transition people. With my lack of quick adaptation skate skills, I completely wasted this work of art. Only a single bank kickflip, 50-50, and I found one good speed line in the deep end, in an hour of skating. As frustrating as that was, I still had fun. I tried to imagine what other 'Cretins would be trying and tried to get stoked on that, but alas, I simply couldn't get anything wired. But it was not at all because of lumps, or bad coping. Everything was smooth and waiting - and laughing at my tiny bag o' gnar. Damn, I'm old.

It doesn't matter if you're old school, street rat, vert dog, new school, or no school (like me)... this park has it all. Curved planter with metal edge that you can hit fs or bs? Check. Training rail? Check. Planters, big banks with a flat rail(no slope), mini bowls? Check, check, check. Step-up or Euro Gap? Check. Big 10' tranny and pockets, with an extension, 6' mini with a spine? Check, check, check. (Enough already, they got it.) This park warrants a roadtrip all on it's own. And next time up, I hope to have more than an hour to learn the lines. And more peer pressure. Skating with grom, Dakota, was fun, but "You did a kickflip on THAT?!" (referring to my big ass board)wasn't funny... ok, yea it was. I'll be back Hoosiers. No doubt.

O L D 'Cretin. New 'Crete.

Smart Grom - taking advantage of an empty park.

Shweet!

Playland!

I have not enough spine for this one. Yet.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    WOW! This looks like fun. I'm adding it to "the list" of parks I want to hit during the late-Summer tour that I may or may not take :P

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This park is beautiful. Ahh, Fort Wayne! Thanks for the update, Lil Tony!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home