CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring is here...

... And we're ready to rip! Saturday was just Steve and I but we still had a good session. I started trying, and actually landing some alley-oop backside airs. My regular airs were very comfy and I threw what I feel to be my biggest ever(after which I left the premises immediately). The alley-oops were comfy but well below coping, and while the "twist" of them feels cool, I was really only traveling about 6 inches backwards. Gotta start somewhere right? I convinced SkidS to try some couching-tiger-carves and homey squished somethin' in his back... Sorry Dude! He chilled so he'd be ready to skate on Sunday too, but to no avail. He was still laid out Sunday morning. (Which means I also have to wait to get vid cam footage from the previous week. Oh well.) Get well soon Stevie!

Sunday Sunday Sunday! There were rumors of an AnimalNate visit, yeah right. But I can't say I'd be there with a 1 month old, and a 2 year old... We'll find out eventually I guess. ;) I arrived early for a full-on session(all cam gear and boombox in tow). And I waited. And waited. Finally I got too lonely and started callin'. Others were on their way. Everyone skated great and half the fun was watchin' the roadtrippers from Columbus. They destroyed the coping in the snake run and bowl with insane angled smiths and smooth frontside 5-0s. I finally attempted the 50-50 in my run from the 4' to the 6' - and made it first try! - but no one seemed to notice. Bastards. I was sure to point it out though. I did make a few more with proper kudos. Paul and I hit some great doubles runs. One was perfect with me floating a big air and Paul carvin' kinda high, perfect right up to the point where I tried to carve and pump too hard beneath his 50-50 and slid out to flat bottom slam. But that wasn't as bad as having a whipper snapper drop in on us, I make it around her, and Paul drops a shoulder into her head! She walked away without injury and apologies all around. And apparently I was snakin' Dave 'cus he started askin' permission to go. Paul's backside airs were flyin' as well. He even commented on how comfy they're beginning to feel to him. Our hang time is actually long enough that we have time to have a thought midair, "Hey, this is a pretty good air! I rule!" or more often, "Oh shit!" The best "slam" was a "beat the rain" rushed doubles that Paul's board clipped my heel on the roll in, making him a bit late, he pumped to catch up and even told me to keep going, but I was scared of landin' on him so I bailed out of the bowl totally heels over head out of control. It was hilarious and OMP just kept cruisin'.

Rain clouds were looming and I scrambled to pack up everything quickly enough to load up and still get some runs in. Thanks to Skidzilla, I was able to do just that, and actually got the last run because everyone gave up as soon as it started. I brought all the cam gear and filmed MAYBE 2 minutes. If I really want to get footage, I gotta leave my board at home. I just can't stop skating long enough to film. And when I'm wasted enough to stop, so is everyone else... The best tricks are always thrown when you're skating with friends. Lookin' forward to SkateNite on Wednesday!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Oh yeah! Spring is here!
    That session wasn't an all day affair but the quality was unbeatable!

    Those airs are getting to be more fun when you have time to enjoy them. I think having the guys from Columbus shred it up really inspired us. I pulled an edger on the 11'! I'm starting to think of trying a backside air out of the full pipe into the half.

    OK, now for new news:
    My 62MM x 98A Rainskates have arrived. The bearing press worked perfectly to smoothly insert a spankin' new set of Bones Swiss Ceramics. I only hope I can manage the speed that awaits me on my next ride!

    I can highly recommend www.rainskates.com

    Pete is great to work with and he'll take care of you. Paypal is an option that other on-line skateshops should offer.

    Anyway, can't wait to see the crew again.
    Paul

     

Post a Comment

<< Home