CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, December 01, 2008

So long old pal...



My trusty Scottish Sidekick, Duncan MacDougal IV, passed away overnight. He was 14 years old and was with me through thick and thin. He travelled to Tucson, dealt with the desert heat, and travelled back home to Kentucky to brave the cold winters. Duncan could windsurf better than any dog I ever saw and gave the best "puppy dust" naps with a good heavy *sigh* and full body *plop*. He kept me sane during the worst time of my life, and showed me that if I would just throw the damn frisbee, he'd catch it, and everything would be ok. Thanks for everything Buddy. We'll miss you terribly.

"My name is Duncan MacDougal of the Clan MacDougal. I've come for your head."

"If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"



11 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry bout' Duncan man. He looked like a cool dog! He's probably chompin'on a milk bone biscuit up in heaven right now.....Wardical

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    I am so bummed. I had no idea Ducan was so annually advanced. What a cool dude. I miss him!

    Sharon has a great story about riding all the way to Chicago with him on her her lap and his bung-hole on her forearm. Basically, he was sittin' up front and that is all there was to it.

    Sorry, Dude. My heart goes out to you!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm really sorry Nik. I'm sure that in a home like yours he had a great life.

    My best to the family.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nik, I am sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
    Steve-O

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger jer said…

    sorry to hear about that nik, its never easy loosing a friend. good vibes goin' out to you and yours.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    So sorry Nikoli. We lost Miss Annie a few weeks back and I cried like a flippin' baby. I very much still feel that deep hurt and know what you are going through.

    But 14 years is a long time and I am certain that everyday with you was his favorite. Dogs are awesome like that.

    Who knows? Maybe he has Miss Annie backed into a corner while she hisses and he barks at her up there in that great gig in the sky.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger OMP said…

    Man!!!!! I'm sorry to hear that!

    Duncan was a great dog. He always made me feel at home in your castle. I'm going to miss him everytime I come over.

    Concretin salute to Duncan!
    with a tear in my eye.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Thanks everyone. You guys rock. He will be sorely missed everyday. Another of the great Highlander Clan will join us eventually (once Indy is a bit older me thinks)...

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Gosh said…

    I am deeply sorry about your lost amigo. I believe you had so many nice stories together.

    I also hope that soon you will replace it with an awesome beautiful dog, that makes your family happy.

    My condolences...

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Junior said…

    so sorry about your loss Nik. im sure you shared some good times with Duncan.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Damn . . . sorry to hear about Duncan Nik. It certainly sucks losing a great friend.

    That's awesome that he could windsurf! Hey, right now he's probably windsurfing while boning some bitch and lapping up some brew!!! Rock on Duncan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home