CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Still thinking about it

OMA BBQ2 Ruled. I'm still trying to process all the stoke. For a time I was concerned that I had "stoked out."

Cocaine fries a user's dopamine uptake receptors by firing them so hard and so much that the brain no longer registers any form of pleasure unless artificially stimulated by the drug. A week of use can lead to up to a month of depression while the user's brain repairs itself.

I can tell you personally a weekend binge of OMA-Style Gnar has similar side effects. Nothing has been fun since I've been home. I've been so uninspired, I've even contemplated giving up the board.

Here's two parks highlights - panorama style.

Tempe





Goodyear



3 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    I understand. Though we did have a good midweek session at the park. That was fun... My funk is life oriented(chitty weather doesn't help)... but the stoke from that trip is keeping me going... I know yer not serious about giving up the board, because the next BBQ is less than 12 months away. Let alone all the Concretin Sessions & Roadtrips between now and then. Plus 2, maybe even 3 ramps to build...

    Hang in there Skidz. Keep the Faith...

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    You need your balls broken cuz ur being a PUSSY.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Nikoli, on the topic of my goin' to POwerCamp at the local skatepark...thanks for stoppin' by lat month. Skate camp was cool because I learned how to do ramps and drop-in's and the other thing is that the rest of the youngin's in my group were totally ... well ... stoked... about havin' an older dude in the class with them. Actrually it was such a blast that I wish their side-liner parents would've just given it a shot, y'know? But no matter. I'll tell you that at certain point it was just plain intergenerational spiritual to be skatin' alongside the youngin's and bein' all counter-cultural together when counter-cultural just means tellin' someone "I know you can do this...just let go and do it...it's in you!!!!" Seriously...one of the best experiences of my life y'know??? BTW...see you at OMA BBQ 2008 bro'!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home