CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, October 22, 2007

Things you need to know...

Well, not really. Al & I spent all day Saturday in "baby classes." I didn't need to know the position a baby exits the vagina. Seriously. I didn't even need to see the computer animation of said travel. Thank goodness I didn't have to witness actual footage. Even for my own offspring, there are things that I NEVER need to see, there are certain "places," if you will, that are holy and sacred. Let's keep 'em that way. It was amusing to discover that EVERY pregnant woman has about 20 pillows on her bed. (Alice had 10 before pregnancy.)

The annual NoShow Halloween Bash was next up Saturday evening. Good times and good friends. Mr. and Mrs. NoShow and family put alot of work into the decorations and snackin's. (The mini cheesecakes kickass Julie!) And again, thanks to (insert unseen powerful being of spiritual faith) that Skidzilla actually wore pants this time. And rumors of Wades demise were proven to be exaggerations. It was good to see ya man! Thanks for the party Eric. Looking forward to the Halloween bash growing each year.
An Oompa Loompa and Violet. Their love, it was forbidden.

NoShow and Jack

Dammit Dave, not in the kitchen.

Mmmm. Pinwheels. Good Chit.

A Clown, Corporate Pig, and 2 Rednecks walk into a bar...


Sunday Sunday Sunday
Alice went to her church, I went to mine. An equal amount of praying was done at both. I got several good runs in right away early before the sun peaked over the lip. Josh, Skidzilla, MoFo, Travio, OMP, Brett, and NoShow all showed up just after sunrise. And very few others. The park was full of old dudes with pads. Skidzilla was workin' on rock-n-rolls in the 6', along with serious marathon runs. He just keeps skating. (I'm still not running dammit.) OMP was ready to rip for his once a month visit. Big airs, high speed grinds and slashers galore. Josh was hitting sliders to fakie from the 6' to the 4'. I was just having an all around good fun smooth session. With all the guys there, I felt I had the support to finally make the rock in the 11'. It took about 6 tries, and I finally made it, for a split second. The wrist guard and elbow pad saved me from shattering my wrist and elbow as I over rotated my body just a tiny bit, throwing myself to the flat, fast and hard. I could hear the pain in Dave's "YEAAAHhhh... Ooohhh" shout, along with excrutiating pain my arm. Luckily, no serious damage, though my thumb is STILL a bit numb, which does make me nervous. The nausea subsided and I took one more deep end run to aleviate any lingering fear of it. But I will leave the 11' rock-n-rolls until AFTER the Arizona trip. Even on the good days.

All in all, yet another great weekend. Life... is... GREAT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home