CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, October 07, 2007

What's Next? Bring it.

As I prepare for a harsh work week, followed by a lengthy roadtrip to a wedding, followed by weeks of baby classes, Halloween parties, skate Demos, an epic skatetrip to Arizona, AND a complete bathroom demo&rebuild, I can only hope that each endeavor goes as well as my Sunday morning skate session.

I arrived JUST before the sun peeked over the horizon and was able to get a few speed runs in sans sunglasses which included perfect 50-50s right away. The capsule also allowed me to hit my mini lip tricks quickly and comfortably. Even the accidental 270 to nose pick... though it would've been cooler had I brought it back in. Good friends showed up and began ripping with equal ferocity. If MoFo had just one ounce more of energy, he would have made the kickflip over the mini barrier. He actually landed one, but wheel bite tossed him off. Wheel bite also tossed me off a melon over said barrier. Though I finally made an ugly one. He apparently "wasted" his energy on switch whatevers, tons of grinds, and buttery smooth and quiet slides in the capsule.

OMP was in all weekend. He now has 50-50s in the deep8 virtually on lockdown. Smooth and fast around the corner, and BS airs 1 - 2 feet out of the "mellow" bowl, GNAR! He ripped on Saturday morning, went back for more in the evening, and then he, Skidz, and I loaded our heads full of images of backyard gnar with a screening of "Fruit of the Vine." A less polished version of "Chlorine" describing the California backyard pool skating scene. Still a great flick. 'Twas a double feature that closed with Thrasher's "Shotgun" which had some sick skating, and seriously scary skull cracking slams. I don't feel as much like a wuss after seeing Skidzilla wince as much as I at the slams. There is a reason I don't street skate anymore. I went home and tried to dream about pool skating while blocking out the slams. I think it worked, because we all woke and proceeded to shred. I think I'm gonna watch a weeks worth of videos before the Phoenix trip.

Skidzilla indeed threw down THE run of the Sunday session. It was the length of 3 normal runs, and as if all 3 were his best runs. FS/BS 5-0s, FS/BS slashers, pivots, FS/BS grinds, pivot to tail, rinse, repeat, twice. GNAR!

With all the rippage being thrown by everyone, it was a great skate weekend. Even if the 11' rock-n-roll is still evading me, and OMP and I never did get to cruise any hills. I certainly don't want to leave anyone out or imply that others were not rippin'. (I'm simply tired and there are plenty of other witnesses with blog rights that could post up their take on the weekend...) I got to skate with just about everyone at some point. Additional Saturday shredders included Travio, Tony, Bill, Brett, and NoShow. Sunday included NoShow (again!), Josh and Gibster returned to the park to face his faceplant... Though until hitting the brakes is intuitive, he's chillin' on the hill bombing. Wise choice indeed.

Thanks again skaters. Life is good. I'm ready for the week(s) ahead. See ya on Wednesday night for another dose of KickLifeInTheAss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home