CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, November 09, 2012

Life is grand. Skateboarding is stoopit.


Wow. Bones Brigade changed my life. No lie. And I think the documentary just did it again. Just. Wow. And to know I get to celebrate this weekend with so many individuals... who get it. Who understand. Damn. I am so not worthy.

I don't believe I could have watched Bones Brigade: An Autobiography at a more perfect time in my life. I hadn't skated in over a month before a session just last night, with 2 Cretins I hadn't skated with in over 6 months, at a ramp I hadn't skated in almost a year... And it restored my stoke. Then tonight, I watched the story of the Bones Brigade... my skate heroes from my youth, and still to this day... and I am so ridiculously infatuated with skateboarding again. 

And I'm about to turn 40. 40! EVERYONE younger than 40 knows that's crazy old. Want to know what's more insane? I've been skating for 25 of those years. 25! I truly suck for having skated THAT long, but it's not about that. I love it. It's FUN. It's 'stoopit.' And it's up to ME, every time. 

So to watch those heroes tell the stories, of MY memories of watching THEM skate... it makes my brain itch in the most fantastic way. My mind has not raced like this, about THIS, in years. To watch those stories, on the precipice of completing my 40th trip around the Sun... about to spend a weekend celebrating with Concretins, Kooks, and skaters whom I know no other way except through skating... How do I explain that? I don't think I can, to a pedestrian. 

And to a skater, I know I don't have to.

THANK YOU. Cretins, Kooks, Locals, my college skate friends, Nathan, Eric, Mike, Kyle... Thank you Stacy Peralta, George Powell, Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero, Mike McGill, Lance Mountain, Rodney Mullen, Tommy Guerro, Ray Barbee, Steve Saiz, Eric Koston, Ray Underhill, Matt Hensley, Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist, Danny Way, Colin McKay, Christian Hosoi, and countless other pros... 

Skateboarding changed(is changing) my life. True story. 

1 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Raven said…

    It's true. I look forward to downloading the video on the interwebs to watch it. I just can't wait. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home