CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, June 29, 2009

L'ville in this month's Thrasher

The latest Thrasher mag is a photo edition. I was thumbing through it and noticed a pic with our signature full pipe and the grassy hill leading up to I65 in the background. It was Dane Warner and he was sticking a wicked sad plant in the 14' 12' (or 11') bowl. It was a great shot, but knowing how deep that bowl is and seeing no pads on him (or maybe he was wearing his Vonder Voman Invisi-Pads™) made my jaw drop.

Yeah, I know, of all the Concretins I should be the *last* of us to be looking through Thrasher. Shut up, Nikoli!

But thanks for the pads, man :)

9 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    14' bowl??? Have there been some additions to the park I don't know about??? :p

    Thanks for the heads-up NS, I'll have to go pick that up.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    No comment... ;)

    Except that there is debate on whether it's 11' or 12', but not 14'. That's still about 6' deeper than my comfort level.

    You get an A for effort. I've seen NoShow at more sessions than others recently...

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Oops. See, that's why I should be considered the least authoritative member of the squad.

    Eleven, twelve, fourteen... anything beyond four feet gives me the willies.

    So what is stopping us from bringing a yardstick and a tape measure next time and settling this once and for all?

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Hey, did you see that picture of Gimpy hittin' a 50/50 in the
    18 foot bowl of Louisville?
    Wow!! :-)

    Hey, did you see that picture of Nick rock-n-rolling that 21 foot bowl in Louisville? Wow!! :-)

    Hey, did you see that picture of Skidzilla grinding that 23 foot bowl in Louisville? Wow!! :-)

    Oh, was I exagerating??? :-)

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    OMP, there is a debate going on right now whether the bowl is actually 24' or 25' . . .

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Oh yeah, well were you there the day that the skateboarder went all the way around the full pipe?

    I was.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    They have a fullpipe there???!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Any chance on getting a widow maker session sometime, I hear it is 15' with 2 inches of vert, lol , it's really just a 7' baby ramp that is longing for the stoke.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous ALEX said…

    yo yo yo guess who?
    you all haven't seen me in at least a year but i graduated and comin back in full effect you guys ready?
    thats right its the one.......THE ONLY........NUMBER 1 YOUNGEN
    YOUR MIA FRIEND
    ALEX "GROM" PAULIN
    (raaaahhhhh rahhhhh)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home