CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

3 - The Magic Number

Sometimes skateboarding feels like a chore... I gotta get up early, I gotta get my chit together, I gotta drive somewhere (sometimes over an hour), I'm tired, I'm cranky. I'm old and a session takes alot outta me which requires recovery time (read: a nap). BUT, every single time I feel like that, all that shit goes away with the first drop in. This week was like that, 3 times. All 3 sessions, I almost bailed on. But all 3 sessions were great sessions for me. If only I could skate like that every time. But 3 in a row is kickass, and one helluva great start to the year.

Here's 3 (more) pics from the third kickass session. We had fun. Junior did not. (Well, he did for 20 minutes...) Thanks Cretins. For keeping skating more fun than chore. Without a crew to skate with, it would certainly be a chore. I'll do it, but I'd rather not.
-Frontside Slippity


-Same ole same ole. Still fun.


-Dane can skeet.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Always keep the joy in it."

    That's what someone told me once.

    He was Buddhist Master (Rinpoche) from Tibet. I thought he was talking about meditation and the discipline of practice...but after reading your post...???

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger jer said…

    i get the same feeling nik.

    "should i go, shoudn't i?"

    but its all over with that first drop.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home