CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mind your manners! or Things I learned in Phoenix.

I learned the hard way not to knee slide when not wearing knee pads. (dumbass)

I learned that a hooker will call you out if you let one fly.

I learned that even an old guy like me can win a game of SKATE.

I learned that you'll smack your nuts if you do a naked backflip into a pool.

I learned that it is indeed a small world and Gimpy met Dreadlox long before I found the OldManArmy.

I learned that you should ask the waitress to wash her hands before she makes your lunch.

I learned that it hurts just as much when you can't skate. Especially when the session is going off (every session was going off).

I learned to let go and let others control the schedule of the day. (I did fairly well considering my well known neurosis. Though being sick made it easier.)

I learned that I CAN do a rock-n-roll on pool coping. Who knew?!

I learned that if you have reason to believe you should be afraid to fart... trust your instincts.

And I learned about Gimpy... sometimes that guy just stinks!

I learned that the OldManArmy community is indeed badass. They are friendly, they are generous, and they can skate like melon farmers*. I actually already knew this, but it was reaffirmed in person. (*mthr fkrs)

And I learned that as a Dad, the best thing about going on a trip, is coming home to my family.

And now you're gonna have to learn patience and just wait 'til I and/or Gimpy get time to post up more pics and vids. (See below for some teaser shots from Gimpy.)

7 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger richie said…

    Nice meeting you guys. You've already got a John and a Paul, can I be Ringo?

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger jer said…

    Cretins Rule!!!!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger jer said…

    niks got unwanted flow.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    So far only one person has asked me, "Did you guys get a hooker in Phoenix?"

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger OMP said…

    "I've got one for ya"

    Nick's & My flight attendant asked us if we were pro's.

    Her 18 yr old son sk8s.

    Nick was quick to flow Concretin stickers.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Yea, no one has asked me about the hooker lesson yet. And no one has asked about the naked backflip either. No pic/video, then it simply didn't happen.

    Apparently only Pros travel with their skateboards as carry ons. Who knew? Though I did get asked if I was a professional photog on the first flight - because of the kickass camera tool box.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Ringo it is Richie, Ringo it is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home