CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Short Trip to Frankfort




The idea came from Mofo. NoSow was in instantly - which means absolutely nothing. He's always in until it's time to go. But lo! He made it today. Which, for anyone keeping score, means he officially has shown more than Nik (who thinks he has an excuse cuz he's got a new kid or sumpthin).

Senor Martinez joined us on the trip. He showed up pre-monikered as El Daveid. For some reason he stated that we need not call him by that name. Dave might be sorry about that decision in the long run, cuz today he gotted dubbed, "Culo Pollo." I like Culo for short.

You see, he took a slam dropping in many years ago and approaches the coping quite gingerly (despite the fact that he can pull crazy tricks once in the ramp). One of his "friends" dubbed 'Chicken Butt.' Friends rule.

A quick recap: Gimpy bailed -too far for such a short skate when gas is $4/gallon. Understandable. NoShow attempted a no show, but the Mrs. kicked his ass out the door - I think "the gardener" was coming today. Nikoli bailed last minute due to travel neurosis - I ain't sayin I'd do it, but I understand (even with a travelling kinda job, I stil wig about travellin). Travio Googled the route and got a sweet tour of central Ky. Me & Mofo brought some fam and had a grand time - just like we planned it.

A shout out to the AWOL Cretins. You were missed indeed!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Travio tempted me again... but I think I did the right thing for our trip to Indy, with Indy. But I am sorry I missed the session, and bailed so last minute. I never do that... well, I almost never do that. So I guess you guys passed on checkin' out Shelbyville? I had a good session with PhillyJohn downtown. Also met Gil, another oldtimer who does mostly longboarding, but will be showing up ready to learn to drop in hopefully next weekend, with a short(er) board... 36".

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Funny part for me on missing this trip...
    Mofo came all the way to Frankfort which would be about 25mi. for me, and I was camping in Corydon, IN at the State park in his back yard.

    Sorry I missed it too!

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    It was a fun time but we missed both of you guys (and the rest of the gang).

    I got some video that I'll soon be posting to the web and offering for next year's dvd.

    Welcome aboard, Senior Pollo :) It was a pleasure meeting and skating with you and I look forward to more of it in the future!

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Gosh said…

    It has been a pleasure to have a trip to Frankfort with some of you and finally being part of the team.

    Thank you so much for making fun of me and the way I drop in. Also for the welcome. The comic is awesome.

    Waiting to have more trips soon.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    I finally broke down and went to the doctor Saturday morning at the behest of Mrs. Show. My ankle, leg, and knee were all very swollen and the inside of my knee looked like raw meat loaf (or a very angry hipper). Apparently I busted a blood vessel in my knee and that caused all kinds of nastiness and pain to happen in my leg. And as the doctor predicting, the swelling and the red-purple colors have made their way down to my ankle. Yummy!

    I'm taking Naproxen for the inflamation and am supposed to *not* skate for 10 days. How am I supposed to get my skate on when I'm *not* supposed to skate? Boo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home