CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Que Pasa Burro Sombrero!?

Pros & Concretins Video IV

Sunday morning started with a great session downtown. Even though I struggled with 50-50s in the bowl, my pipe runs were fast and I got to skate again with Jr., Gimpy, and OMP. It's been a long while since I've seen them buggers, Brett too... I've either missed the session, or they've been busy doing home improvements or just stuck in Ohio. The stoke was kept full on knowing the 2007 Pros & Concretins Video Premier was just hours away. Followed by an official 'Cretins session on the new "mini."

The video was AWESOME! (Even without BonJovi music.) Serious props go to MC Skidzilla. Not only did he do all of the DVD authoring, he also did 90% of the editing. He's definitely a dedicated individual, and I'm so glad he's a part of the Concretin "team." (Various parts o' the vid will eventually be posted to the interwebby thingy.)
-Skidzilla, MC extraordinaire and vid guru.

-Indy was having a good time.

-Pizza'n'Beer... feast of the 'Cretins

Here's the Pro segment. Vert is so dead.


The Golden Gnar Award was presented to an unsuspecting and under the weather OldManPaul. As Gimpy said, he earned it, even today. He has been sick all week, but still showed for the session and took more runs than anyone. He won the signed deck at the OMA BBQ in November and later handed it to me to do something with, as he felt his home was unworthy and the deck should be shared with all the Cretins. He brings gnar to EVERY session on EVERY wall in EVERY run. Congratulations OMP. A true Concretin, a true skater, a true friend.
-Surprise! You've got Gnar!


So after the vid party, we headed to Phil's to session the newly completed (99%) seven foot 'mini' ramp. And by the way (I was unaware meself), Phil is now an official Concretin! He roadtripped earlier this year to Ollie's, let alone has skated more than some 'Cretins I know. (We'll blame TonedaBone for not posting up the ceremonial roadtrip report. Dammit Bone!) Phil has taken the time(with a lil' help from friends), money, and effort to build a kickass training facility, only to share it with everyone. Welcome aboard Phil... now what do we call him? Punxsutawney seems funny, but perhaps a bit rude. And Phil, we need to come up with a name for the ramp...
-The "Lost" Ramp?


The session was a blast! That ramp is soooo smooth, and soooo fast. The sun was brutal when hitting the west lip, but Phil and Dane were seemingly unfazed at all. It was a session that would have been fun to just sit and watch as many did, but was even more fun to join in.

-FRO (F'n Ramp Owner) Phil - Rockin and Rollin' then doin' it to fakie.


-Golden Gnar Recipient OMP showin' his backside. Thought you were sick punk?

-Lil' man Korin gettin' his skate on.

-Fellow FRO MoFo goin' frontside... bein' a padless influence.

-Gimpy has a grind, or ten.

-BS Disaster is a set up trick for Dane(not Dave).


All in all, what a day! THIS is what skating is about. Not my best skating, but definitely one of the best skate days of 200SK8. Hey Mom, can I have a mini-ramp?

6 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Great time. Sorry I missed the session at Philthy's but I'm still nursing my wounds from my maiden voyage.

    Congrats to OMP for the Gnar Award. It's true - you bring it every time you skate.

    Lookin' forward to a kick ass 2008!

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    You did a GREAT F-in job on that video Dave! I think my favorite part is either Tone's slider, Trav grabbin' his junk or you calling OMP a pussy. Good shit. We need to go on a roadtrip soon.

    Good times for sure.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Point of Clarification:

    Since OMP holds black-belts in multiple disciplines, I want to make this very clear: Twas Nik that called OMP a pussy - an homage to you calling Nik out at Kettering in ought-six. And, still damn funny!

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    I think my favorite moment was one of the end shots. Travio pops his board and hops back on and says something like, "Everday." Hahaha! I'm giggling to my now.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Oops, sorry Dave, didn't mean to set u up for an ass whoopin by Mr. Golden Gnarballs himself. I thought that was you. My bad.

    Yeah NoShow, Travio's "All day long" is funny as hell. The perfect ender.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thats a switch back d Mis Amigos
    just sayin ....
    dane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home