CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, May 12, 2008

Butterflies...or does it?

Yeah, my gut's kinda hurtin'. I get to pull another one of my famous "Bid-nez Trips." This time to Portland. I will get to skate - I'm going out for training and have no customer obligations. Just put in the old 8 - 5 then skate. There are 19 parks in Portland. I will attempt to skate at least 3 of 'em.

You've read about my fear of Burnside. I plan to go back and spend some time there and get some footage and pics. What I'm really stoked (read: shitting in my pants out of fear) about is Pier Park.




Sure we've got a pipe in Louisville. But does it have pool coping around the bowl on the outside? Unh-uh. And look close - there is sunlight coming in the side. THERE'S A HOLE IN IT!!!!! (WTF?) So, I packed some Depends. Ya never know. Well, in this particular case, I'm pretty sure.

12 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    NoShow + Knowing Skidzilla's Skate Itinerary = ENVY

    But what's up with the hole in the full pipe. Me no get :|

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    I want to see vid of a rock & roll on the lip of that hole in the pipe.

    Oh, and Pool coping = great front side grinds! So I envious too!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Depends for the Deep End... The hole is how those of us with adult onset vagina get into the deep end. (It's a roll-in) Because everywhere else, there's at least a foot of vert... Say hi to Kilwag, Mark Conahan and the SkateandAnnoy.com crew!

    I think next years' vid is gonna be "the Skidzilla show."

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Oh, I see. You know, we're really going to have to overcome our fear of the excessively vertical drop-in. It's just a drop-in, right?

    I pledge to attempt a drop-in deeper than I've tried at the park (8' pool area is the deepest I've tried) the next time I'm there. Who's with me?

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    What's this WE chit NoShow? I bounced my face on the flat of the vert ramp on "just a drop in." I don't fear the drop in or the vertical... I fear the sudden stop at the bottom.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Well then I guess it'll be my turn for face-bouncin'. Did you bounce off of the wood or off the 'crete in the deep?

    My elbow is about healed and I almost have feeling in both of my knees. I'm about due for another hard landing...

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    That punk is having a good time... he hit 4 parks yesterday... again I say, business trip my ass...

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    I'll drop in with ya NoShow.

    Let's go for the 12' bowl!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Skidzilla siting at Tobins, Burnside, Pier Park and Glenhaven. Visual confirmation coming soon.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    I hate you . . .

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Can't wait Rich! Dammit, now I wanna go skate...

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Alright OMP. I'm game. I'll borrow some Depends from Skidz, nut up, and drop in :o

     

Post a Comment

<< Home