CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pinched from Earth Patrol Media

Rich Burton, CMFIC* at Earth Patrol Media was one of the happenin individuals that was kind enough to show me around the multitude of Skateparks in and around Portland, OR last week. In addition to showing me the terrain he was kind enough to risk his lens and captured my ugliness in many of the skate spots we hit. Check Earth Patrol for killa shots of the Portland and surrounding area skateparks and the original, unadulterated version of this post.

Gracias, Ricardo. I hope to repay the favor and one day and make you look like twice the skater you are as you have done for me in the photos in this post. Hopefully, your tongue won't be hangin out as much as mine does.

Skidzilla in Oregon


Dave (a.k.a. Skidzilla) and Chad came out to Oregon for few days to skate some Northwest ‘crete. We managed to hit Tobin’s, Burnside, Pier Park, Glenhaven, Tigard, Donald and Newberg in our two half-days of skating. In addition to Burt Reynolds posing, Dave is an active Concretin back in his home state of Kentucky. Check out all the Skidzilla action after the turn.




Click on an image for a larger view.


Dave - BS Carve @ Tobins


A good ol’ gnar welcome to Oregon at Tobins


Dave - BS 50-50 @ Tobins


Looking for the 50-50 in the shallow at Tobins


(Skidzilla's Note: A touch of class: Rich subtly states that I did not get the 50-50. I was only looking for it. I never got it. But I coulda - after several more days. I'm positive I coulda.)

Dave - Carve into Deathbox @ Tobins


Death carve into the deathbox at Tobins


(Skidzilla's Note: Again, such a silver tongue. "Into" not OVER like I was hopin. I did get the aforementioned "Superman" off this attempt, however. So, I didn't walk away empty handed.)

Dave - Rolling @ Burnside


Next stop Burnside



Dave - FS @ Burnside


The one and only Burnside wall


Dave and MC @ Burnside


MC and Dave working on blue steel


Chad, MC and Dave @ Burnside


Chad, MC and Dave ready for refreshments at Produce Row


Dave - FS Grind @ Pier Park


Getting serious at Pier Park


Dave - FS Grind @ Pier Park


Skidzilla leaving his mark at Pier Park


(Skidzilla's Note: Very scary stuff - I carved right over the 11 1/2 tile marker to get this shot. I'm still stoked about it. I almost ate shit about 10 times cuz I kept pulling my front foot off trying to get this shot).

Dave - FS Grind @ Tigard


Skidzilla meets TRex at Tigard


(Skidzilla's Note: This actually wigged me out more that the 11 1/2 on the tile at Pier Park. It wasn't as high, and there was no pool coping, but to hit this I was goin frontside about 10 feet off the ground at the edge of a hip. Not me forte, I assure you.)

Dave and Concretin TRex @ Tigard


A Concretin peace offering for TRex


Dave - BS Carve over Stairs @ Donald


No small feat, over the stairs at Donald


Dave - Pump Bump @ Donald


Bathing in the afterglow


(Skidzilla's Note: This is how I dissolved all respect earned by carvin over the stairs. But, hey, it had to be done.)

Dave - Dropping Volcano @ Newberg


Skidzilla erupts from the volcano at Newberg


(Skidzilla's Note: It looks like a regular ole drop-in, but...get this...the top rotates. Yikes!)

Dave - FS Grind @ Newberg


And that’s a wrap, Skidzilla grinds a bit of Newberg


Thanks Dave and Chad for the hospitality and hurry back. There’s a snake in Lincoln City that needs your attention.



For more coverage of Skidzilla’s adventures in Oregon check out: Antigravity Press, and Concretins.



*CMFIC = Chief Mutha Fugga In Charge

5 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    I've seen Skidzilla skate.
    I have to say

    These shots are awsome!

    Could MC come to Louisville and make me look like a great skater too?????

    Awsome pics, Awsome post!

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    I am not worthy. My photog, skate, and writing skills are weak... I am proud to surround my self with pros of all...

    In other words, Awesome pics, Awesome post(s)!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    I want that lens!!! It already sounded like a great time. But with pix like that I don't even have to rely on imagination. Sweet job!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Ok, yeah, I can totally see now why u lost all respect . . . a pose to make one puke for sure.

    Man it looks like u had the time of your life out there though, so fuck it.

    Those shots are kill. I wanna go.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Kvon said…

    How do I get one of those Concretins T-Shirts. Do you have a store?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home