CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Sessions

Damn, would someone else post up a session recap next time... mine are getting lame and redundant. (Or is it our skating? Nah, it's probably just me.)

Saturday was a pretty good session with NoShow, Trav, Tony, me and Ward. Andrew rolled up on two wheels... we hope it's just a phase. HA! Ward was methodical in his attack of the deep end, one trick at a time, but perfect everytime. Long 50-50s in the 11' and a rock-n-roll too (yes, I was taking notes). We were pushing the deepend and fighting the shadows because we went so early. But we were all speeding pretty well, and Tony is bustin' grinds in the shallows now, even with the bum knee.
- Tony and his John Travolta impression.


- Ward rocks! My mangina won't allow me to do these.


Sunday was a better session, mo' people and mo' rippage, and a bit later so the shadows weren't as crazy. Skidzilla joined us, Phil, and OMP rolled in again! Travio is super stoked on Tony's wood. He couldn't stop talking about how much he liked riding Tony's wood. I'll admit, it WAS nice looking. FivePoints made him a good concave and a killer shape. Trav has probably ordered one for himself by now. A custom deck for $40? Killer. Serious pipe rippage ensued. I FINALLY got a decent grind in the 8', and a couple of good 50-50s with speed in the flow area. I struggled with the melon launch and NEVER made it. I was bummed, and OMP was even attempting with me. Oh well. Maybe next time.
- Travio continues to conquer frontside gayness. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)


It was just a fun session to even just watch. MoFo was his standard ripping self. He was "taking it easy" and didn't even pad up. Nice hip airs are becoming standards. And I don't know how he does it, because I haven't even talked to Skidz in awhile, but damn, he just keeps going and going... he's throwin' FS and BS touch 5-0 grinds all over the place and all with effortless speed. Oh, and he's starting to get the fs pivot to tail every session, at least once. It's in his bag now. Mr. NoShow is not only showing, but he's bringin' the speed. He won't be stopped. He really held on to a few squirelly runs, and surprised even himself with a big fakie in the 11'.

You should just be there and stop readin' about it... If you want to skate with pros, move to California, but if you want to have fun, come skate with us. And if you want literary genius, you'll just have to wait 'til Skidzilla posts up. (No pressure Skid.)

4 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger travio said…

    Holy crap...look at me. You never see any good pictures of me skating. Thanks Nick for making me look like I can skate.

    Travio

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger NoShow said…

    Nice form, Tony! You are definitely feeling that Saturday Night Fever :)

    Yeah, that fakie caused a bit of pucker but I'm ready to try it again.

    Ward, you are just fun to watch.

    And keep up the good work Nikoli. I think, out of the whole gang, you are the only one that has the energy and wherewithal (damn, I love that word) to crank these reports out week after week. Bravo!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Aw, thanks for the strokin'. I feel better now.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Usually after a good strokin' I feel sleepy.

    (and for the homo-eoritc good measure) But, then, I've never been stroked by NoShow. Apparently, that has rejuvenating powers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home